Societies Registration (Orissa Amendment) Act, 1958
The Societies Registration (Orissa Amendment) Act, 1958
Orissa Act No. 21 of 1958
Published vide Orissa Gazette, Extraordinary 26.7.1958.
For statement of Objects and Reasons, see Orissa Gazette Extraordinary No. 184/17.4.1985.
The Act came into force with effect from the 1st January, 1981 vide Notification No. 13875-Com./30.12.1960.
An Act to amend the Societies Registration Act, 1860 in its application to the State of Orissa
Whereas it is expedient to amend the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) in its application to the State of Orissa for the purpose of appointment of a Registrar of Societies to exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies under the provisions of the said Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) in the manner hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted by the Legislature of the State of Orissa in the Ninth Year of the Republic of India as follows :
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Societies Registration (Orissa Amendment) Act, 1958.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the State Government may by notification appoint.
2. Insertion of new section before Section 1, Act 21 of 1860. - In the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act) Section 1 shall be renumbered as Section 1-A and before the said section as so renumbered, the following new section shall be inserted, namely:
1. Appointment of Registrar of Societies. - The State Government may, by notification, appoint a person to be called the Registrar of Societies and he shall exercise such powers and perform such duties and functions as are conferred by or under the provisions of this Act, and shall subject to such general or special order as the State Government may from time to time, superintend the administration and carry out the provisions of this throughout the State of Orissa.
3. Adaptation. - ln the said Act for the expressions "Registrar of joint Stock Companies" and "Registrar" wherever they occur, the expression "Registrar of Societies" shall be substituted.
4. Pending proceedings and construction of references to Registrar of Companies in instruments issued or made before this Act. - (1) All proceedings under the said Act pending before the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies at the date of commencement of this Act shall stand transferred to the Registrar of Societies and any such proceedings shall be continued and disposed of by the Registrar of Societies, as if it had been originally instituted before such Registrar under the said Act.
(2) In all certificates of registration and in all rules or bye-laws of societies and in all other instruments issued or made under the said Act before the date of commencement of this Act, references to the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies or the Registrar of Companies shall be deemed to be and be construed in references to the Registrar of Societies.