The Epidemic Diseases (East Punjab Amendment) Act, 1947
Act 1 of 1947
For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see East Punjab Government Gazette Extraordinary, 1947, page 87; for proceedings in the Assembly, see East Punjab Legislative Assembly Debates, Vol. I, 1847, pages 212-13.
Received the assent of His Excellency the Governor of East Punjab on the 24th November, 1947, and was first published in the East Punjab Government Gazette, Extraordinary, dated the 1st December, 1947.
An Act to amend the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, in its application to the East Punjab.
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Epidemic Diseases (East Punjab Amendment) Act, 1947.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of section 2 of Act III of 1897. - After the word "inspection" in clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 2 of Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 the words "vaccination and inoculation" shall be inserted.
3. Amendment of section 3 of Act III of 1897. - The existing section 3 of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, shall be renumbered as sub-section (1) of section 3, and after that sub-section as so renumbered the following sub- section shall be added, namely:-
"(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (V of 1898), any Magistrate or Bench of Magistrate trying an offence under sub-section (1) may, if he or they think fit, try any such offence summarily according to the procedure prescribed in Chapter XXII of the Code Criminal Procedure, 1898 (V of 1898)"
4. Repeal of Ordinance No. 2 of 1947. - The East Punjab Prevention of Epidemic Diseases Ordinance, 1947, is hereby repealed.
Revolutionising Law Reporting !
Biggest Law Library in Mobile
Get it Now !
You will Never Need a Law Reporter or Back Volumes