Punjab Electricity (Duty) Amendment Act, 2003
Punjab Act No. 16 of 2003
[Dated 20th May, 2003]
No. 19-Leg/2003. - The following Act of the Legislature of the State of Punjab received the assent of the Governor of Punjab on the 25th April, 2003, and is hereby published for general information :-
An Act further to amend the Punjab Electricity (Duty) Act, 1958.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in the Fifty-fourth Year of the Republic of India as follows :-
1. (1) This Act may be called the Punjab Electricity (Duty) Amendment Act, 2003.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on and with effect from the 2nd day of August, 2002.
2. In the Punjab Electricity (Duty) Act, 1958, in Section 3, for sub-section (1), the following sub-section shall be substituted, namely :-
"(1) There shall be levied and paid to the State Government on the energy supplied by the Board to all categories of consumers or a licensee a uniform duty to be called the electricity duly at the rate of five per cent ad volorem.".
3. (1) The Punjab Electricity (Duty) Amendment Second Ordinance, 2002, is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act, as amended by the Ordinance referred to in sub-section (1), shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the principal Act, as amended by this Act.