Scheme for Change of Land use for Industrial Parks/Estates/Agro Parks/IT Parks/Multiplexes
Department of Industries and Commerce (Industries Branch), Notification, dated the 25th/26th May, 2005
No. CC/JDP/IP-2003/CLU/3497. - In pursuance of the provisions of clause 10.4 of the Punjab Government Notification No. 5/58/2002/11B/968, dated 26th March, 2003 and Clause 5 of Notification No. CC/JDP/IP-2003/1020-A, dated 4th March, 2005, regarding scheme for change of land use for Industrial Parks/Estates/Agro Parks/IT Parks/Multiplexes, the Governor of Punjab is pleased to notify following guidelines for the development of Industrial Parks/Estate/Agro Parks/IT Parks, by Private Enterpreneurs/Agencies in the State :-
1. The minimum quantum of land for any such park shall be 10 acres.
2. A minimum of 60% of area will have to be developed as an Industrial Pocket, a maximum of 30% of area may be developed as residential pocket and 10% of area can be developed as commercial pocket, Government, in the Department of Industries may however, reduce the permissible limits of non-industrial use in particular cases.
3. Permissible saleable area in the industrial pocket shall be 65%, in the residential pocket 60% and for the commercial pocket 40%. Balance of area shall be used for common facilities, open spaces, green belt etc., as per approved zoning plan and as per applicable bye-laws.
4. FAR and ground coverage will be as per applicable bye- laws/regulations in the area.
5. Zoning and Layout Plan will be cleared by a competent authority declared by Director of Industries and Commerce, Punjab.
6. Common facilities would include the facilities for air conditioning, roads (including approach roads), water supply, sewerage facilities, common effluent treatment facilities, telecom networks, generation and distribution of power, provided that the facilities are uased for more than 2 industrial units in the industrial park.
7. The Entrepereneurs shall have to first develop industrial estate and atleast 50% industrial plots will have to be ready for possession before the commercial and housing facilities are allowed to be used/sold/allotted/rented/leased etc. Minimum number of units in the Park will five.
8. Infrastructure development would include roads (including approach roads) water supply and sewerage facilities, common effluent treatment facilities, telecom networks, generation and distribution of power, parking facilities, parks, street lights and such other facilities as are of common use for industrial activities which are identifiable and are to be commonly used.
9. Industrial Parks with a residential component shall have only non-pulluting units and distance between industrial area and other areas will be in accordance with guidelines issued by Punjab Pollution Control Board from time to time.
10. Necessary clearances from various central/state agencies will have to be obtained by the developers as per statutory requirements and on payment of such prescribed fees as required under the law. The Department of Industries and Commerce, Government of Punjab will be the single nodal agency for approving and facilitating the projects for getting clearances etc. and will also facilitate in getting resolves various issues which will relate to Government Departments/Agencies.
11. An Industrial Park shall come up as one unit at single geographical location and shall be developed in contiguity. However, public service which already exists such as road, canal, park etc. shall not be construed to break the unity and continguity of the park.
12. Benefits to industrial parks under industrial policy if provided by the Government shall be withdrawn by State Government in case the part is not put up/developed in acordance with the sanctioned plan within the prescribed time period.
13. In case any interpretation or clarification is required under this scheme that shall be done by Secretary, Department of Industries and Commerce, Government of Punjab whose decision shall be final in this regard.