The Provincial Small Cause Courts (Punjab Amendment) Act, 1975
Punjab Act No. 20 of 1975
An Act to amend the Provincial Small Cause Courts Act, 1887, in its application to the State of Punjab.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in the Twenty-sixth Year of the Republic of India as follows :-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Provincial Small Cause Courts (Punjab Amendment) Act, 1975.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on 21st day of July, 1975.
2. Substitution of section 25 of Central Act 9 of 1887. - For section 25 of the Provincial Small Cause Courts Act, 1887, in its application to the State of Punjab (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), the following section shall be substituted, namely :-
"25. Revision of decrees and orders of Courts of Small Causes. - The District Judge, for the purpose of satisfying himself that a decree or order made in any case decided by a Court of Small Causes was according to law, may of his own motion, or on the application of an aggrieved party made within thirty days from the date of such decree or order, call for the case and pass such order with respect thereto as he thinks fit."
3. Repeal and saving. - (1) The Provincial Small Cause Courts (Punjab Amendment) Ordinance, 1975 (Punjab Ordinance No. 9 of 1975), is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act as amended by the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken the principal Act as amended by this Act.