The East Punjab Refugees Rehabilitation (Registration of Land Claims) Rules, 1948
Published vide Punjab Government Gazette (Extraordinary) dated 20.3.1948, page 295.
1. (a) These rules may be called the East Punjab Refugees Rehabilitation (Registration of Land Claims) Rules, 1948.
(b) These rules shall come into force at once.
2. No claim application shall be entertained unless made in the form given in the Appendix "A" to these rules. No court fee shall be chargeable on such applications.
3. A claim application shall be presented to the Registering Officer by the applicant either in person or through a recognised agent or sent by registered post. In case of a minor, applications for claims shall be submitted in the aforesaid manner by his next friend or guardian.
4. An application submitted by post shall not be entertained unless the affidavit as annexed therewith has been duly attested by a competent Authority.
5. The following shall be the competent authorities for the purpose of attesting the affidavit annexed with the claim application :-
(i) All Registrars;
(ii) All Sub-Judges;
(iii) All Gazetted Officers;
(iv) All Oath Commissioners appointed by the High Court;
(v) All members of the Central or Provincial Legislature in the Dominion of India;
(vi) All Land Claims Officers and Assistant Land Claims Officer;
(vii) Any other person authorised in this behalf by the Provincial Government.
(Appendices omitted - Editor)