Rules of Admission to Ayurvedic Colleges in Rajasthan, 1991
Published vide Notification No. G.S.R. 67 Dated 29.7.1991 - Rajasthan Gazette Part 4(C), dated 7-5-1992, page 152
(b) 8% seats are reserved for natural born candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and 6% for natural born candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes notified in the presidential Order for the State of Rajasthan and who fulfil condition as laid down in Rule 3 below. These reservations in each category will also include the natural born candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes, who are admitted on merit against general seats.A candidate must produce a certificate signed by an officer not below the rank of District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/S.D.M. in Proof of his/her being a natural born member of Scheduled Castes/Tribes as notified in the Presidential Order for the State of Rajasthan and that he/she fulfils condition as laid down in Rule 3 below. The reservation mentioned above can be interchanged. If sufficient number of candidates are not available to fill up the seats reserved for either category, i.e. natural born Scheduled Castes, natural born Scheduled Tribes.
(c) 10% of the seats excluding seats reserved in clause (a) above are reserved for girl candidates. If eligible and suitable girl candidates from natural born scheduled castes/Tribes are not available, these seats will be filled by the male candidates of natural born Scheduled Castes/Tribes.
(d) In case the reserved seats are not filled in a particular category, the unfilled seats will be transferred to general seats.3. Eligibility. - A candidate must fulfill the following conditions for admission to the Ayurvedic Colleges, however, for those, who are covered under category (a) or rule 2, for them, Sub-rule (a) of this rule will not be applicable.
(a) (i) The candidates must have studied for last three years of the qualifying examination continuously as a regular candidate in a recognised institution in Rajasthan.
(ii) Natural Father/mother of the candidate has continuously resided in Rajasthan for a period of last 10 years and the candidate has studied for atleast 5 years during this period in a recognised educational institution in Rajasthan.
(iii) The candidate is a Son/Daughter of serving or retired employee of (a) Government of Rajasthan including Officers of All India Services born on the state cadre of Rajasthan or (b) Undertaking/Corporations/ Improvement Trust/Municipal bodies duly constituted by Government of Rajasthan by an act of law or (c) any of the Universities in Rajasthan or Secondary Board of Education (Rajasthan) provided that employee has put in atleast three years of service in the year of the admission.
(iv) Candidate is a Son/daughter of a permanent employee of Indian Defence Service and the employee is either of Rajasthan origin irrespective of his place of posting or is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of the application for admission provided that in case of Defence Personnel from the Rajasthan origin, a certificate has to be submitted by them from the employer to the effect that his State of origin is Rajasthan at the time of his entry into service.
(b) Senior Higher Secondary Examination in Science (Biology) or with Sanskrit as an optional subject or Senior Upadhaya examination (with English) of the Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan, or an examination recognised by the University as equivalent there to.
(c) He/She shall have to obtain at least 40% marks in each paper at the Pre-Ayurveda Test on the result of which above admission to the Pre-Ayurveda course will be resulted:Provided further that the candidates for admission to the Pre-Ayurveda course shall have completed the age of 17 years on or before 1st October, 1991.
Note. - 1. The relevant certificate which are based on eligibility of the candidate will have to be furnished by the candidate.
2. The residence certificate wherever required will have to be duly signed by the District Magistrate of the concerned District.
3. In case of serving personals where service, conditions resulted into eligibility, a certificate of the employer will have to be submitted by the candidate.4. Pre-Ayurveda Test. - (a) All candidates except these belonging to category (a) of Rule 2 will have to appear at the Pre-Ayurveda Test to be held by the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur in the subjects and manner to be decided by the University. The candidates may obtain guidelines for the Pre-Ayurveda Test Examination and Application Form for appearing at the examination from the places notified by the University on payment of Rs.25/- in cash. Forms and guide lines can also be held by registered post on payment of Rs. 35/- by I.P.O./D.D. addressed to the Registrar, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur from the University. The Forms and guide lines by post will only be supplied from University Office. Application Forms for P.A.T. Examination duly filled in by the candidate alongwith a fee of Rs. 100/- should be sent directly to the Registrar, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. This fees will also cover the fee for mark-sheet. The eligible candidates will be admitted in the order of merit.
(b) No application for admission will be considered unless it is accompanied by the following:-
(i) Attested true copy of the mark-sheet of qualifying examination of the concerned University/Board.
(ii) Attested true copy of High School/Higher Secondary/Upadhyaya Examination Certificate.
(iii) Certificate regarding Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe if applicable.
Note. - 1. All the original certificates and mark-sheets alongwith Photostats attested copies must be brought at the time of the interview.
2. Any application received after the prescribed date or incomplete in any respect shall be rejected without giving any notice to the candidate.
(c) (1) The eligible candidates will be admitted in the order of merit for the general as well as reserved seats excepting the seat belonging to the category (a) of Rule 2.Judged on the basis of marks secured at the Pre-Ayurveda Test. Subject to passing the qualifying examination prior the date of Test.
(2) Candidates securing equal number of marks in the Pre-Ayurveda Test will be admitted in the following order of preference:
(i) One who has secured more marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
(ii) Among the candidates securing equal number of marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination, one who borned earlier.
(d) Interview by Admission Board.-Candidates eligible for admission shall be called for interview. The admission Board will be consisting of following:-
1. The Director, National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur (Convener)
2. The Principal, Madan Mohan Malviya Government Ayurvedic College, Udaipur.
3. The Principal, Shri Parshuram Puria Rajasthan Ayurvedic College, Sikar.
4. The Principal, Shri Bhanwar Lal Dungad Ayuived Vishwabharti, Sardarshahar.
5. The Principal, Shri Mohta Ayurvedic College, Sadulpur.
6. Dy. Registrar (Exam.I)
7. The Administrator Officer (Aca.), N.I.A., Jaipur (Member-Secretary)Interviews will be taken in about 10-15 days after the Pre-Ayurveda Test result is declared. The list of candidates called for interview will be put on the Notice Board of the National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur three days before the date of interview. The candidates found unsuitable by the Admission Board will be rejected. Candidates called for interview must bring with them the following documents in original alongwith Photostats copies. Otherwise they will not be allowed to appear before the Admission Board and right of admission will be cancelled without any notice. The candidate who failed in the qualifying examination, even if he has been declared passed in the Pre-Ayurveda Test will not be eligible for admission in the Ayurveda Course.
1. Original marks-Sheet of passing the qualifying examination.
2. Original Marks-sheet or certificate of the High School/ Higher Secondary/Upadhyaya.
3. Certificate of eligibility for admission.
4. Certificate from the Principal of College/Head of Institution last attended.
5. Parent/Guardian’s Certificate.
6. Parent/Guardian’s Income Certificate.
7. Certificate regarding Migration, if applicable.
(e) Allotment of Place of Study. - The Admission Board, after duly considering the place of residence and preference given by the candidates in his/her application shall allot selected candidates to the various Ayurvedic Colleges at its discretion.
(f) Medical Examination. - A provisional list of candidates selected by the Admission Board will be put on the Notice board of the National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur. No intimation will be given to the candidates individually. All candidates provisionally selected will be examined by the Medical Board, appointed by the Director, National Institute of Ayurveda, by the Principal of the respective Ayurvedic College on the basis of criteria involved for medical examination by the Principal regarding their general and physical fitness for medical studies. The candidates found unsuitable will be rejected. The decision of the Board in this respect will be final.5. The Government reserves the right to admission of any candidate without assigning any reason. 6. Admission of the candidates, who have passed qualifying examination from a University/Board of the State other than Rajasthan will be provisional till the Eligibility Certificate is issued. 7. If for reasons to be recorded in writing the Admission Board suspects that a particular candidate has obtained a certificate by misrepresenting facts, the matter will be referred to the concerned D.M. on receipt of the enquiry report, the Admission Board would take the final decision regarding the admission of the candidate.
Note. - Any person other than the parents of the candidate can become guardian, only if the parents of the candidates are not alive or have been declared insane.