Rules for the Grant of Subsidy to the Bhaid Poshan Sangh (Sheep Breeders' Association) in Rajasthan, 1959
Published vide Notification No. D. 3772/59/F. 1(27)SCA/8, dated January 1, 1961, published in Rajasthan Gazette Part 4(C), dated 2-2-1961, page 624-627
(i) "Government" means the Government of Rajasthan:
(ii) "Form" means the form appended to these rules;
(iii) "Department" means the Animal Husbandry Department of Rajasthan;
(iv) "Sanctioning Authority" means the Director of Animal Husbandry, Rajasthan or Deputy Director, Sheep and Wool, if he is duly authorised by him to be the sanctioning authority for the purpose of these rules.
(v) "Deputy Director" means the Deputy Director, Sheep and Wool:
(vi) "Bhaid Poshan Sangh" means a Registered Association for the purpose registered by the Department under the Vidhan of "Bhaid Poshan Sangh".
(vii) "Subsidy" means the amount sanctioned by the authority defined at (iv) above.
(viii) "Agreement" means the agreement form prescribed by the Department and executed by the "Bhaid Poshan Sangh".k
Chapter II5. Application for subsidy. - (a) Application(s) in form 1 shown in the appendix for grant of subsidy shall be made through the Wool Grading Supervisors, II Stock Assistants (Sheep and Wool), III Superintendents Sheep and Wool Extension Centres, IV Supervisors, I.C.A.R. Sheep and Wool Development Scheme, (V) District Animal Husbandry Officer or (VI) Block Development Officers to the Deputy Director of Animal Husbandry Department of the Region concerned.
(b) On receipt of these applications, the Deputy Director, Animal Husbandry concerned will examine these applications and will forward them with his comments to the Deputy Director, Sheep and Wool, Rajasthan for consideration. The Deputy Director, Sheep and Wool on receipt of these applications from the Regional Deputy Directors of Animal Husbandry will convene a meeting of a Committee consisting of the following:-
1. Deputy Director, Sheep and Wool (Convenor).
2. Nominee of the Rajasthan State, Sheep Breeders Association (Member).
3. Live-stock Development Officer, Rajasthan.The applications thus received will be examined by the Committee. The Committee will forward them with their recommendation to the sanctioning authority.
Note. - 1. The applications will be presented to the officers shown in rule 5 (a) in the months of April and October, every year.
2. The Regional Deputy Director of Animal Husbandry Department will scrutinise the applications and forward the same with his recommendation to the Deputy Director Sheep and Wool within 15 days.6. Purpose of subsidy . - The subsidy shall be given for the following purposes:
I. For measures of prevention and control of diseases among sheep.
II. For making available information about the latest market price of wool to the members.
III. For solving grazing and other allied sheep problems.
IV. For purchasing equipments, medicines and other accessories for the improvement of sheep industry.7. Amount of subsidy. - The following amount of subsidy shall be granted to a Bhaid Poshan Sangh:-
(I) Sangh having not less than 500 sheep owned by their members - Rs. 150/- per annum.
(II) Sangh having not less than 1,250 sheep owned by their members - Rs. 250/-per annum.
General8. Unused subsidy amount. - The amount of subsidy if not utilised within a period of three months from the date of payment for the purposes mentioned under rule 6 shall be refunded to the Government. In case of default penal interest at the rate of 6.25% per annum shall also be charged. The recovery of the amount will be made as an arrear of land revenue from the members of the Sangh in case of default. The period of utilisation may be extended by the sanctioning authority in case, satisfactory explanation, is given for not utilising the amount in time. 9. Agreement. - At the time of payment the sangh shall execute an agreement in the prescribed form (Appendix II). 10. Firnishing of Certificate. - The Sangh will have to furnish utilization Certificate as prescribed under General Financial and Accounts Rules. The Department shall have the right to audit the accounts of the Association.
Form of application for the Grant of Subsidy to the Bhaid Poshak Sangh (Sheep Breeders Association).1. Name of Association. 2. Name of village/villages. 3. Name of Tehsil, District. 4. Total number of Members. 5. Total number of Sheep. 6. Purpose for which subsidy is required. 7. Amount of requisition. We declare that the above particulars are true to the best of our belief and knowledge and that we agree to abide by the rules applicable for the sanctioning of subsidy. We have received subsidy worth Rs...............on............or we have not received any subsidy so far.
Bhaid Poshak Sangh,
Remarks by the Dy. Director.................Rajasthan.
Agreement bond to be executed by the Sheep Breeding Association at the time of payment of subsidy.This agreement is made on the .................. day of 19 ... by.........(Name of Association).....................(hereinafter referred as "Association") in favour of Governor of the State of Rajasthan (hereinafter referred to as "the Government"). Whereas the said association has applied to the Government for grant of a subsidy of Rs.............. for.......the following purposes:-
4.under the rules of the Government on the subject for grant of subsidy to Sheep Breeding Association. And whereas the Government has agreed to grant the aforesaid subsidy at the request of the association and on certain terms and conditions, including the conditions that the Association execute an agreement with the covenants hereinafter contained: Now, therefore, these present witness as follows:-
1. If the association fails to utilise the subsidy for the purpose and in time mentioned thereof in rules, the association shall pay to the Government the whole of such amount due from the applicant alongwith interest at 6.25%.
2. The association hereby agrees that any amount recovered by the Government hereunder may, without prejudice to any other rights and remedies of the Government be recovered in the manner provided in the Rajasthan Public Demand Recovery Act, 1952 (Rajasthan Act V of 1952).
3. The association agrees to permit audit of its accounts by a nominee of the Director of Animal Husbandry.Signed by:-
(1) President of the Association.
(2) Secretary of the Association.
(3) Joint Secretary of the Association.
(4) Treasurer of the Association.
(5) Two members of the Association.
(6) Two members of the Association.
4. And whereas one of the conditions on which the Government has agreed to grant the aforesaid subsidy is that the amount of the subsidy should be utilised by the association in the manner laid down in the said rules.