The Rules for State Subsidy for Purchase & Maintenance of Bull Calves, 1957
Published vide Notification No. D. 14753/F. 24(8) Agr./57, dated 28-4-1958, published in Rajasthan Gazzette Part 4-C, dated 4-12-58, page 1239 to 1247
Short title, extent and commencement1. Short title. - (a) These rules will be called "The Rajasthan Rules of Subsidy for Purchase and Maintenance of Bull Calves, 1957'. (b) Extent. - These rules will extend to the whole of Rajasthan. (c) Commencement. - These rules shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Rajasthan Rajpatra. 2. Definitions. - In these rules unless there is anything repugnant to the subject or context:-
(i) "Rules" means "The Rajasthan Rules of State Subsidy for Purchase and Maintenance of Bull Calves, 1957";
(ii) "Bull Calves" means the entire male calf or calves possessing full reproductive power and selected and purchased by the Committee. Hereafter 'bull calf or 'bull calves' will be called 'bull' or 'bulls':
(iii) "Agreement" means an agreement entered into by the purchaser and the District Veterinary Officer on behalf of the Governor of Rajasthan in the prescribed form:
(iv) "Subsidy" means the sum of Rs. 200/- given for the purchase of a bull in lump sum by the District Veterinary officer at the time of purchase and a subsequent subsidy payable at the rate of Rs. 10/- per month or any amount fixed by the Director of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry from time to time with the prior approval of Government for maintenance of the purchased;
(v) "Director" means the Director of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry, Rajasthan:
(vi) "Deputy Director" means the Dy. Director of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry of the region concerned;
(vii) "Seniormost Veterinary Assistant Surgeon" means the Senior-most Veterinary Assistant Surgeon II of the district concerned;
(viii) "Committee" means the committee nominated under these rules for selection of a bull or bulls and for sanction of subsidy;
(ix) "Maturity" means the age at which a bull can serve a cow which normally lies between the age of 2 1 /2 to 3 years;
(x) "Panchayat" means the Panchayat as defined in the Rajasthan Panchayat Act:
(xi) "Brand" means the official mark of 'RA' branded on the left thigh of the bull bv the District Veterinary Officer:
(xii) "Purchaser" means (i) the Panchayat, (ii) Municipality or (iii) Gaushala or Pinjrapole (recognised by the Gaushala Development Officer, Rajasthan), (iv) or any public body who are, interested in breeding and improvement of cattle or (v) any individual breeder who owns and maintains fifty or more cows for breeding purposes, intending to purchase an improved bull on State subsidy.
Subsidy3. Application for subsidy. - The District Veterinary Officer will invite applications in form A from purchasers by notice addressed to Panchayats, Municipalities, District Boards, Stockmen and other employees of the Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Department. On receipt of an application or applications the District Veterinary Officer will direct the Live-stock Inspector or the Stockman of the area concerned to submit a preliminary report in form B regarding the suitability of the bull proposed to be purchased on payment of subsidy. The District Veterinary Officer will scrutinise the report and fix a date for the selection of the bull or bulls by the Committee. 4. Type of breed. - The bulls should be of the breed specified for that area by the Director, true to type, confirmation, ancestry, breed, characteristics and free from any disease and of an age not less than one year. 5. Formation of the Committee. - The Committee will consist of (a) The District Veterinary Officer, (b) Senior Veterinary Assistant Surgeon II and (c) Sub-Divisional Officer or a Tehsildar or a Block Development Officer nominated by the Collector of District. The Committee will select the bulls after inspecting all the bulls proposed by the District Veterinary Officer for purchase: and will sanction for every selected bull a purchase subsidy of Rs. 200/- and a monthly maintenance subsidy of Rs. 10/- or any amount fixed from time to time. The amount of subsidy sanctioned by the Committee will be paid by the District Veterinary Officer to the purchaser on execution of an agreement in form C.
Note.-In case the purchase of the bull is made in an another District, the Senior Veterinary Assistant Surgeon and the Officer to be nominated by the Collector should be from the District where purchase is made.6. Agreement. - Alter the selection of the bull by the committee an agreement in form C will be executed between the purchaser and the District Veterinary Officer which will be kept in the safe custody of the latter. 7. Payment of subsidy. - (a) The District Veterinary Officer will pay the subsidy for purchase within a period of one month of the selection of the bull. The balance of the price if any, in excess of the amount of subsidy shall be paid by the purchaser to the seller.
(b) The maintenance subsidy will be payable in instalments six monthly on the last day of February and August each year on furnishing a certificate from the Veterinary Assistant Surgeon of the region verifying that the bull is alive and in good health and condition after obtaining a legal quittance.8. Period for which subsidy for maintenance is admissible. - The subsidy will be payable to the purchaser from the date of purchase of the bull at the rate of Rs. 10/- per bull per month or at any other rate fixed from time to time for 18 months only or up to the attainment of the age of three years by the bull whichever is earlier as illustrated hereunder:- Illustration.-(1) If a bull of the age of one year is purchased the subsidy for maintenance will be given till the bull attains the age of 2 ½ years i.e., for a period of 18 months.
(2) If a bull of the age of two years is purchased, the subsidy will be given only for 12 months i.e. up to the attainment of the age of 3 years:Provided that when the Director or any other officer authorised in this behalf is at any time satisfied that the bull has not been bred properly, or has become unfit or will not mature into good bull, the subsidy shall be stopped forthwith. 9. Branding of the bull. - Soon after sanction of subsidy the selected bull will be branded on the left thigh with the mark RA by the District Veterinary Officer. This will be charge on the Department of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry.
General10. Inspection of bulls. - The District Veterinary Officer will direct the Live-stock Inspector or the stockman to inspect the bull at least twice in a year and submit a report in form D to the District Veterinary Officer. Other Touring Officers of the Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Department shall at the time of their visit record their inspection note in the visitors book maintained in form E about the condition of the bull. The copy of such report will be forwarded to the District Veterinary Officer who will forward a copy each to the Director and the Deputy Director with his remarks. 11. Duties of the purchaser. - The purchaser is bound:-
(1) to report to the nearest Dispensary or Hospital the sickness of the bull or the out break of an epidemic in the area. The Veterinary Officer incharge of such dispensary or hospital will immediately take the required curative and preventive measures free of any charge;
(2) not to transfer the ownership of the bull:
(3) not to remove the bull to any other village or area without the specific previous sanction of the District Veterinary Officer;
(4) to feed the bull properly so as to maintain it in good health and condition;
(5) to house the bull in a sanitary neat and airy shed;
(6) to give proper exercise and groom the bull regularly;
(7) not to allow any service till the bull reaches maturity;
(8) on the demise of the bull to send information of the same to the nearest Veterinary Hospital or Dispensary;
(9) not to cause or allow to be caused any harm or injury to the reproductive organs of the bull nor to have the same castrated.12. New agreement upon maturity of bull. - When the bull reaches maturity the purchaser shall on being so required by the District Veterinary Officer execute another agreement in accordance with the rules governing the allotment of bulls for breeding purposes and shall bind himself to observe such rules. 13. Contravention. - On contravention of any of these rules the District Veterinary Officer shall have the power to take over the possession of the bull without any payment and to give it to any other party on execution of an agreement binding himself to fulfill the provisions of these rules. 14. Amendments. - The Government reserves the power to amend these rules in part or whole as and when demand necessary by publication in the Rajpatra.
(Vide rule 3)
Application FormTo The District Veterinary Officer
.......................1. Name of intending purchaser......................... 2. Parentage and caste........................ 3. Occupation....................... 4. Village.................Tehsil................District 5. Description of the bull.....................Brands
(i) Age of the Bull
(ii) Approximate Height
(iv) Distinctive Marks
(viii) Breed6. Approximate Cost 7. Name of the owner of the bull with particulars of residence etc.
Signature of the Purchaser.
Note.- The bull proposed for purchase should belong to the villages prescribed by the Director purchasing bulls of this breed.
(Vide rule 3)
Preliminary Report By Live-Stock Inspector Or StockmanS. No..................... Ref. to the application..................... Date of Inspection.................... Results of inspection of the Calf....................
(1) Breed of the Calf...................
(2) Description of the calf...................
(3) Sires description...................
(4) Dam Description.....................
(5) Health of the bull calf...................
(6) Approximate cost....................Remarks..................... Date of submission......................
Signature of the Inspecting Official with DesignationRemarks of District Veterinary Officer. Date of Inspection by the Committee.
Signature of the District Veterinary Officer.
(Vide rule 10)
Inspection Report By The Live-Stock Inspector Or The Stockman1. Name of the Owner....................... 2. Date of inspection...................... 3. Health of the bull calf....................
At the time of the inspection
(I) Regular exercise
(II) Is groomed regularly8. Remarks regarding payment of subsidy 9. Last date of payment of subsidy
Signature of the Inspecting OfficialOrders of District Veterinary Officer for payment of subsidy......
(Vide Rule 10)
Visitors Inspection Book For Calf
Date of Inspection
Designation of the Official