Rules for Giving Subsidy on Compost Transportation in Agriculture Department, 1976
The Rules for Giving Subsidy on Compost Transportation in Agriculture Department, 1976
Published vide Notification No. F. 3(31) Agr./Gr.2/75. dated 3-3-1976. published in Rajasthan Gazette Part 4-C(1), dated 13-5-1976, page 131(34)
G.S.R. 15(5). - The Governor has been pleased to approve the following rules for giving subsidy for compost transportation.
In order to popularise the use of Municipal compost on the cultivator's farm, it is considered desirable to grant subsidy to the cultivators with a view to compensate him to some extent for the expenditure of transportation charges of compost from the Municipal compost yard to the Farm. To regulate the grant of this subsidy the following rules are prescribed:-
1. Subsidy on transported compost from any municipal compost yard to the cultivator's holding will be admissible provided the distance of the field from a particular municipal yard exceeds eight Kms. No subsidy will be allowed within a radius of eight Km.
2. A subsidy @ Rs. 2/- per ton will be allowed for transporting compost from municipal compost yard to the cultivators holding over a distance of 8 kilometers upto 15 kms. and a subsidy of Rs. 5/- per ton will be allowed beyond a distance of 15 kms. from the municipal compost yard to the cultivators holding instead of Rs. 2/-. The subsidy amount will be paid either to the cultivator or to the person authorised by the cultivator and who has actually transported to the cultivator's field.
N.B.-The subsidy would be for the entire distance and not on the basis of per Km. of the distance.
3. The Director of Agriculture shall each year allot amounts of subsidy for each district, out of the total amount provided in the budget for this purpose.
4. In case of a farmer, transporting compost by hiring private or public transport, he will apply to the District Agriculture Officer concerned mentioning the quantity of compost to be transported, place of availability of compost, the place of its applicability, the distance in km. and the amount of expenditure likely to be incurred for transportation.
The application for the sanction of subsidy under this Scheme will be submitted to the District Agriculture Officer concerned. The application must be accompanied with a certificate from the Municipality concerned from where the compost has been purchased mentioning the quantity and the price paid.
A certificate from the municipality which can be in the form of a Voucher against cost of compost paid to the municipality as a proof that compost has been purchased alongwith a certificate from the Sarpanch of a village or Village Level Worker/Agriculture Fieldman/Agriculture Assistant/Agriculture Extension Officer that compost has been utilised in a particular field or fields, complete particulars of the fields in which the compost was used and their distance from the municipal compost yard to the field or fields in question must be given.
Besides these certificates the applicant should furnish the original Vouchers of the cost of compost and the transportation charges paid in use of a private cart, truck or trailer is hired.
5. The District Agriculture Officer is empowered to sanction subsidy upto Rs. 200/- in a financial year in an individual case. Application beyond this amount will be submitted to the Dy. Director/Joint Director of Agriculture by the District Agriculture Officer. The Dy. Director/Jt. Director is empowered to sanction subsidy upto Rs. 500/-in a financial year in an individual case. All sanctions shall be accorded within the allotment sanctioned for the district for that year.
6. No subsidy beyond Rs. 500/- will be sanctioned to an individual in a financial year.
7. In case transportation of compost is done by Government truck the amount of subsidy will be adjusted against the bill for transportation of compost.
8. It will not be obligatory on the part of the Agriculture Department to give subsidy if a particular case does not merit it.
9. The District Agriculture Officer will be required to send a statement to the Dy. Director/Joint Director concerned showing the progress of utilisation of compost and amount of subsidy sanctioned. The Dy. Director will send a consolidated statement to the officer of the Director of Agriculture.