Rules for Grant-in-Aid to Voluntary Agencies Working for the Welfare and Rehabilitation of Physically Mentally Handicapped Persons, 1972
Published vide Notification No. F. 5(17) Aid/Rules/Plan/SW/39/39149, dated 19-6-1972, published in Rajasthan Gazette, Part 4-C, dated 14-12-1972, pages 644 (5) to (11)
(1) "Admitted expenditure" means expenditure incurred on such activities which have been admitted by the Director or an officer authorised by him in his behalf and to such an extent as allowed under rule 7.
(2) "Assistant Director" and "District Probation and Social Welfare Officer" means the Assistant Director and District Probation and Social Welfare Officer of the Department.
(3) "Physically handicapped" means Blind, Deaf, Mute and Orthopaedically.
(4) "Central Government" means the Government of India.
(5) "Director" means the Director of Social Welfare, Rajasthan.
(6) "Expenditure on Administration" means the expenditure incurred by a Voluntary agency for payment of salaries and allowances on an approved scale and extent and includes other expenditure of recurring nature which is considered necessary by the Director for the maintenance of an office.
(7) "Government" means the Government in Administrative Department" except for purpose of Rules 7(a) and 9 in which case "Government" shall mean "Government in the Finance Department".
(8) "Managing Body" means the Executive or Working Committee of a Voluntary Agency formed and authorised by the constitution of the Agency for its proper functioning.
(9) "Other items" means the items not included under expenditure on administration and field staff.
(10) "Schedule" means he schedule annexed to the rules.5. (a) Every Voluntary Agency registered as Public Society under the Registration of Societies Act which wants to receive grant- in-aid for the uplift and welfare of Physically and Mentally or retarded persons shall submit an application to the Director in the form shown in the schedule alongwith the audited statement of expenditure if any of the previous year-.
(b) The cases for granting recognition to the Voluntary Agencies will be referred to the Government by the Director alongwith his recommendation for recognition and shall be approved at a level not below the Secretary.
(c)(i) The first budget of any recognised agency shall be approved by the Government, whereafter the budget may be approved every year by the Director within the total ceiling and the ceiling approved under each detailed head approved by the Government.
(ii) The Government shall examine and approve the budget of Voluntary Agencies in the following manner:
Voluntary Agencies having annual expenditure of Rs. 20.000 or more but less than Rs. 50.000/-
Every fourth year.
Voluntary Agencies having an annual expenditure of Rs. 50,000 or more-
(d) The Director may release annual grant-in-aid to a Voluntary Agency at the rate and to the extent of the budget approved by the Government.That a condition precedent before the approval of the annual budget shall be a thorough examination by the Director or any officer authorised in this behalf by the Director, of the actual activities carried out by the Voluntary Agencies during the preceding year and the budget will be approved or amount disbursed only after satisfying that the activities for which the grant-in-aid was sanctioned have been carried out effectively by the Agency. At the time of scrutinising the budget the figures of actual expenditure for the year preceding the previous year may also be got examined. 6. A Voluntary Agency shall be eligible for grant-in-aid only if it is registered as Public Society under the Registration of Societies Act or is a branch of an all India Body and recognised by the Director or by the Government and agrees to abide by and satisfies the following conditions:-
(1) that the grant-in-aid shall be sanctioned on the expenditure incurred for the purpose for which the agency is recognised.
(2) that the agency receiving the grant shall not in any way directly or indirectly utilize the grant for the profit of any individual or section of people unless in the later case, it is allowed in pursuance of recognised policy of the Government. Funds of the agency shall not be used for party political or anti-Government propaganda and if this condition is contravened further grant will be withheld and the organisation shall refund the grant already received by them. The Voluntary Agency shall invest its funds preferably in Government securities of the State Bank of India, the Post Office Savings Bank or any Scheduled Bank or Small Savings Schemes or any such scheme as may be approved.
(3) that the buildings and other assets which have been constructed, or will be constructed; accumulated or other material which have been purchased, or will be purchased wholly or partly from the funds of grant-in-aid shall revert wholly and unconditionally except the consumable and perishable material to the Government as soon as the agency ceases to function or its recognition is withdrawn. An undertaking to this effect shall be taken from the Voluntary agency. The assets shall not, without the proper sanction of the Government, be disposed of encumbered or utilised for purposes other than those for which the grants are sanctioned.
(4) that the record and accounts are properly kept and are always open to inspection and audit by persons authorised by the Social Welfare Department for the purpose, the Accountant General or the Local Funds Audit Department.
(5) that the information required by the department is punctually and correctly furnished.
(6) that it serves a useful purpose in the opinion of the department and the facilities provided by it are available to all persons for whom the grant has been sanctioned.
(7) that the Agency shall produce accounts of the grant-in-aid give by Social Welfare Department separately after the completion of each financial year duly audited by a firm of Chartered Accountants the manner and form prescribed by the Department.
(8) that the Government or the Director may nominate a person as a member of the Managing Body. Such nominee shall be associated with the formulation, execution and successful implementation of the scheme approved for grant-in-aid.
(9) Payment during the first half of the year may be released to the extent of actual expenditure incurred by the Voluntary Agency during the corresponding part of the previous year, as per accounts submitted in accordance with the approved budget. The last instalment shall be released only after receipt of the audited accounts of the previous year alongwith the utilisation certificate, but the total grant for the year shall not exceed the percentage sanctioned:Provided that in case approval of the budget is delayed, payment in the first and second quarters may be released as above, subject, however, to a ceiling of ninety percent of the expenditure incurred during the corresponding quarters of the last year. Part I shall deal with regular budget containing items already approved as admitted expenditure during the last year and part II shall consist of "New Items" not included for approval as admitted expenditure. The Director or the Officer authorised in this behalf shall then scrutinise each item of the budget and shall direct the institution for curtailing or deleting the same for purposes of claiming of grant-in-aid which the agency shall consider for deleting. However, if any such institution even after receiving a reference include such item in the budget the Director shall be at a liberty to curtail the same.
(10) that any change in the personnel by the Governing Body are promptly reported.
(11) that its financial resources, when supplemented by grant-in-aid shall be adequate to enable it to carry on its work efficiently.
(12) The institution shall not be closed down or down graded without atleast one full academic year's notice being given to the Department. Such notice shall contain (i) the reasons of the intended closure or down grading and (ii) the list of all the assets held by it.7. (a) The grant-in-aid shall be given at the rate not exceeding 90% of the admitted expenditure for the previous year provided that the Government may allow payment of grant-in-aid at a higher rate of the admitted expenditure in case where due to special circumstances it is considered necessary to do so: Provided further that the total quantum of grant-in-aid plus own income of the Voluntary Agency will not exceed the total admitted expenditure.
(b) The grant-in-aid sanctioned to a Voluntary Agency under these rules shall be reduced to the extent of amount received by such an agency as grant-in-aid from the Government of India or any other Department of the State Government or semi-Government Agencies or any earnings derived from the activities run by the institution.8. Admitted expenditure referred to above in para 7(a) shall relate to the following items only:-
(1) Salaries and allowances to the staff and workers not exceeding the scale prescribed by the Government for similar category of staff.
(2) Stationery and Printing charges.
(3) Water and Light charges.
(4) Hot and Cold weather charges.
(5) Recurring expenditure on equipments.
(6) Ordinary repairs to buildings (if they belong to the agency) and furniture.
(7) Rent of the building (if the building is rented).
(8) In case of Voluntary Agencies running more than one activity such expenses on management as are necessary for and incidental to working of the agency or society.
(9) Recurring expenditure on books, Library and reading room.
(10) Recurring expenditure on crafts including tools, equipment and raw material.
(11) Recurring expenditure on games, physical education and on other extra activities.
(12) Expenditure on travelling only by employed personnel and full time honorary workers of the agencies subject to maximum rate of T.A. allowed to similar employees of the Government undertaking in connection with the approved activities of the institution.
(13) Other expenditure relating to activities approved for the voluntary Agency.9. Special grants of non-recurring nature may also be given to the Voluntary Agency which has already availed the recurring grants for at least 3 years for items of expenditure such as purchase of furniture and equipment and for erection, repairs and extension of buildings. The exact amount of special grants will be decided by the Government according to the merits of each case, but it shall not exceed three times the average annual grant received by the institution. 10. Payment during the first quarter may be released to the extent of actual expenditure incurred by the Voluntary Agency as per accounts submitted in accordance with the approved budget. Further aid shall be released only after receipt of audited accounts for the previous year' alongwith the utilization certificate, but the total grant for the year shall not exceed the percentage sanctioned: Provided that in case approval of the budget is delayed, payment in the first quarter may be released as above, subject however to a ceiling of 90% of the expenditure incurred during the corresponding quarter of the last year. 11. Recognition of an agency may be withdrawn by the Government, if it is found that the Voluntary Agency is running into debts which it can not repay within a reasonable time or working in a manner prejudicial to the best interest of the State or of the functions for which recognition was granted or for any other adequate reasons. 12. Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, grant-in-aid shall be granted subject to the availability of funds. 13. Cases of the Voluntary Agencies already receiving grant-in- aid before the issue of these rules shall also be examined by the Director in accordance with rule 6 of these rules for purpose of determining their eligibility and the grant-in-aid shall be continued only after it fulfills the conditions of eligibility. No formal recognition of such institution which are already on the grant-in-aid list is necessary.
(Rule No. 5(a)).
Application for the recognition and grant-in-aid.1. Name of the Voluntary Agency with full postal address. 2. Date of Establishment of the Voluntary Agency- 3. The No. and Date of registration under the Registration of Society Act (A copy of the Registration certificate should be supplied alongwith the application). 4. The areas in which the agency working (i.e. No. of districts and parts of district in which activities are expanded). 5. Names of the Secretary, Chairman, President, Director and other Members of the Managing Committee (List should be enclosed). 6. The number of years for which the agency actually working in the field. 7. General nature and details of activities which are carried on (Annual report of the work done for the last 2 years should be supplied). 8. Audited Statement of Accounts from Registered Chartered Accountants for the last 2 years with specific mention of assets and liabilities (including buildings owned by the Agency). 9. The detailed budget estimates for the year for which grant-in-aid is applied for. 10. Sources of income (specially from the Government grants from Local authorities and from donation etc.). 11. List of workers employed giving details of name, pay, allowances and alongwith the qualification and entrusted to each person. 12. Whether the Agency is working for the benefit of a particular section or sections of Handicapped persons for the Welfare of the all handicapped persons in general (the list of castes and Communities for which agency is working should be attached).
Note.-A copy of the constitution of the Agency should be attached to the application.
Signature o f Secretary or Chairman.
[Notification No. F. 1(20)FD/Gr. IV/75 dated 29-9-1975, published in Rajasthan Gazette, part IV-C(II), dated 30-10-1975, page 385]In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 9 of the Indian Stamp Act, 1899 (Central Act No. II of 1899) as adapted and applied in the Rajasthan, the State Government hereby remits the stamp duty chargeable under the said Act on Bonds executed by voluntary organisations within the purview of the centrally sponsored scheme of assistance to voluntary agencies working for the welfare of Destitute children.