Rajasthan High Court Retired Judges (Facilities for Medical Concession) Scheme, 2013
Published vide Notification No. F. 8(3) Nyay/2007, dated 3.6.2013
(ii) That upon enforcement of this Scheme, the Rajasthan State Pensioners' Medical Concession Scheme, 2009 shall cease to apply to retired Judges of the High Court.3. Definitions. In this scheme, unless the context otherwise requires:
(i) "Retired High Court Judge", for the purpose of this Scheme shall mean, retired Chief Justice/Judge, who was appointed or has been a Judge of the Rajasthan High Court and after retirement is residing within the State of Rajasthan and shall also include retired Chief Justice/Judge, who was appointed as such in the Rajasthan High Court but was transferred to any other High Court of the country and after retirement as Chief Justice/Judge, is residing within the State of Rajasthan and shall also include a retired Chief Justice/Judge of the Rajasthan High Court, who is holding any office in a Tribunal/Commission under any State or Central enactment or has been assigned any work by the State or Central Government, and is residing within the Rajasthan.
(ii) "Family" shall mean a spouse of a retired Judge of the Rajasthan High Court, and dependent parents ordinarily living with him and shall include the spouse and dependents of a Judge, who died while in service.
(iii) "Approved Hospitals" shall mean a government hospital/dispensary in the State of Rajasthan and shall also include, such private hospitals or dispensaries anywhere in the country as the State Government, on the recommendation of the Hon'ble Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court, approve for treatment of retired Judges and his family.
(iv) "Chief Justice" shall mean the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court.
(v) "High Court" means the Rajasthan High Court.
(vi) "Government" means the State Government of Rajasthan.
(vii) "Attendant" means any person attending to the retired Judge or his family within or outside the State during the course of treatment.
(viii) "Authorized Medical Attendant" means the doctor/medical officer attending to the Judge or his family, who has been authorized by State Government/Chief Justice.
(ix) "Act" means the High Court Judges' (Salaries and Conditions of Service) Act, 1954, as amended from time to time.
(x) "Medical Board" means panel of doctors constituted on the advice of Hon'ble Chief Justice of the High Court.4. Medical Facilities to retired Judge. A retired Judge or his family shall be entitled to free medical attendance and treatment in any Government or in a private hospital in the approved list on advice of the medical attendant/medical board at any place within the country, referred to in clause 3 (iii) supra and shall also be entitled to go to such place with an attendant and/or the medical attendant by train in AC 1st Class or by economy class air flight to and fro, and the travelling cost so incurred will be reimbursable to such retired judge/family. Air travel will be undertaken only if it has been advised by authorized medical attendant. 5. That the retired Judge or family shall be entitled to claim 75% of the cost of treatment and travelling charges in advance on presentation of bill/invoice/estimate, but remaining 25% amount towards the cost of such treatment/travelling charges, shall be paid on production of bills/receipts/used tickets. 6. That a retired Judge/family shall be entitled for reimbursement of medical expenses on production of bills/cash-memos/receipts of the medical shop/druggists/government doctor/hospital/clinic/registered medical practitioner/private hospital/nursing charges/diagnostic center laboratory, as the case may be, at the Principal Seat of the High Court at Jodhpur or at its bench at Jaipur. 7. That the Registrar General/Registrar of the High Court, respectively at the principal Seat of the High Court at Jodhpur or at its Bench at Jaipur, shall be the competent authority to sanction/reimburse the bills of retired Judge/family upto Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum. If the amount of medical expenses claimed by retired Judge exceeds Rs. 1,00,000/- in a year, the amount upto Rs. 2,50,000/- shall be reimbursed with the approval of the Hon'ble Chief Justice. If the amount of medical expenses claimed by a retired Judge/family exceeds Rs. 2,50,000/- in a year, such claim, supported by the recommendation of a duly constituted Medical Board, shall be referred to the Government for sanction with the approval of the Hon'ble the Chief Justice. 8. That if any question arises as to the interpretation or applicability of this scheme, the same shall be decided by. the State Government in consultation with the Hon'ble Chief justice. 9. That if there be any anomaly or difficulty in the implementation of this Scheme or in relation to providing medical facilities to the retired Judges, the same shall be decided by the State Government in consultation with the Hon'ble Chief Justice.