The Rajasthan Official Language (Supplementary Provisions) Act, 1970
(Act No. 19 of 1970)
[Published in Rajasthan Gazette Part IV-A, Extraordinary, dated 3rd December, 1970].
[Received the assent of Shri Jagat Narayan, discharging the functions of the Governor of Rajasthan on the 1st December 1970].
An Act to provide for the publication of authoritative-texts in Hindi of laws passed in English and for the publication of revised texts of laws passed in Hindi by the State Legislature and for matters connected therewith.
Be it enacted by the Rajasthan State Legislature in the twenty-first Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title. - This Act may be called Rajasthan Official Language (Supplementary Provisions) Act, 1970.
2. Authoritative texts in Hindi Act, Rules etc. - A translation in Hindi made by and published under the authority of the Governor in the Gazette of any Rajasthan Law passed in the English language, or of any order, rule, regulation or bye-law issued in the English language by the Government of Rajasthan shall be deemed to be the authoritative text thereof in Hindi.
3. Revised texts of laws in Hindi. - (1) To improve the linguistic form of or to make uniform the mode of expression or to rectify drafting or clerical errors in the Hindi text of a law, its revised text may be made by and published under the authority of the Governor and such revised text on publication shall be deemed to be the Hindi text thereof as passed or issued by the competent authority:
Provided that any modification made under this sub-section shall not operate as an amendment to or alteration of the law itself in any manner.
Explanation. - For the purpose of this sub-section the term 'law' means any enactment passed by the State Legislature or any order, rule, regulation or bye-law issued by the State Government.
(2) Every revised text of a law, excepting that of rules made and published under Article 309 of the Constitution, published under sub-section (1) shall be laid, as soon as may be, after it is so made, before the House of the State Legislative Assembly while it is in session, for a period of thirty days, which may be comprised in one session or in two successive sessions, and if before the expiry of the session in which it is so laid or of the session immediately following, the House of the State Legislative Assembly makes any modification in any such text, such a revised text shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form.
4. Power to make rules. - The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules not inconsistent with this Act, for the purpose of carrying into effect the provision of the Act.
5. Repeal. - The Rajasthan Official Language (Supplementary Provision) Ordinance, 1970 (Rajasthan Ordinance 11 of 1070) is hereby repealed.