Rules of Admission to Ayurvedic Colleges in Rajasthan, 1997
Published vide Notification No. F. 27(5) Ayurved/83, dated 27.7.97-Rajasthan Gazette Extraordinary, Part 4-C(1), dated 29.9.97, p. 117(8) = 1997 RSCS/Part 2/P. 747/H. 420
(b) 8% seats are reserved for natural born candidates (not adopted) belonging to Scheduled Castes and 6% for natural born candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes as notified in the Presidential order for the State of Rajasthan and who fulfil condition as laid down in Rule 3 below :
A candidate must produce a certificate signed by an officer not below the rank of District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/S.D.M. in proof of his/her being a natural born member of scheduled castes/tribes as notified in the Presidential Order for the State of Rajasthan and that he/she fulfils conditions as laid down in Rule 3 below.
(c) 10% of the seats excluding seats reserved in clause (a) above are reserved for girl candidates.
(d) In case of reserved seats are not filled in a particular category, the unfilled seats will be transferred to generals seats.3. Eligibility. - A candidate must fulfil the following conditions for admission on the Ayurvedic colleges, however, for those, who are covered under category (a) of Rule 2, for them, sub-rule (a) of this rule will not be applicable.
(a) Candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 1st October of the year of admission.
(b) A candidate who have passed Senior Higher Secondary (XII) standard with Science (Physics,Chemistry & Biology) and Sanskrit (Wherever provision and facilities for teaching Sanskrit as optional subject are not available at XII standard (Biology Science group), the student with XII standard (Biology Science group) be admitted and Sanskrit be taught in Main course) Or Uttar madhyama of Sampumanand Sanskrit Vishvavidyalaya with Science and English or any examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto.
Note. - Senior Upadhyaya of Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan with Science/Purve-Ayurved Science has been treated as equivalent to Uttar Madhyama of Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishvavidyalaya, Varanasi for the purpose.
(c) (i) The candidates must have studied for last three years of the qualifying examination continuously as a regular candidate in a recognized institution in Rajasthan.
(ii) Natural Father/Mother of the candidate has continuously resided in Rajasthan for a period of last 10 years and the candidate has studied for atleast 5 years during this period in a recognized educational institution in Rajasthan.
(iii) The candidate is a Son/Daughter of serving or retired employee of (a) Government, of Rajasthan including Officer of All India Services borne on the State cadre of Rajasthan or (b) Undertaking Autonomy Body/Corporations/Improvement Trust/Municipal Bodies duly constituted by Government, of Rajasthan by an act of law or by Government of India in Rajasthan (c) any of the Universities in Rajasthan or Secondary Board of Education (Rajasthan) provided that employee has put in atleast three years of service before the year of the admission.
(iv) Candidate is a Son/Daughter of a permanent employee of Indian Defence Services and the employee is either of Rajasthan origin irrespective of his place of posting, or is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of the application for admission provided that in case of Defence Personnel from the Rajasthan origin, a certificate has to be submitted by them from the employer to the effect that his State origin is Rajasthan at the time of his entry into service.
(v) Candidate is a Son/Daughter of a permanent employee of Para-Military Forces of India and the employees is either of Rajasthan origin irrespective of his place of posting, or is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of the application for admission provided that in case of Paramilitary/ Personnel from the Rajasthan origin a certificate has to be submitted by him from the employer to the effect that his State origin is Rajasthan at the time of his entry into service.
(vi) Candidate is a Son/Daughter of a Judge of Rajasthan High Court subject to that he/she submits an undertaking/affidavit stating that such benefit is not claimed or availed by them in any other State.
(d) He/she shall have to obtain atleast [40% marks (35% for SC/ST) in each subject] to pass at the pre-Ayurveda Test on the result of which the admission will be regulated to the B.A.M.S.
Notes. - 1. The relevant certificates which are based on eligibility of the candidate will have to be furnished by the candidate.
2. The residence certificate wherever required will have to be duly signed by he District Magistrate of the concerned District.
3. In case of serving personnels where service condition have resulted into eligibility a certificate of the employee will have to be submitted by the candidate.4. Pre-Ayurveda Test. - (a) All candidates except those belonging to category of Rule 2 will have to appear at the Pre-Ayurveda Test to be conducted by the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur in he subjects and manner to be decided by the University. The candidates may obtain guidelines for the Pre-Ayurveda Test Examination and Application Form for appearing at the Examination from the places notified by the University on payment of prescribed fee and as per instructions of University. Application Form for P.A.T. examination duly filled in by the candidate along with the fee prescribed by University should be sent directly to the Registrar, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. The eligible candidates will be admitted in the order of merit.
(b) No application for admission will be considered unless it is accompanied by the following : -
(i) Attested true copy of the marks-sheet of qualifying examination of the concerned University/Board.
(ii) Attested true copy of the High School/Higher Secondary/Senior Higher Secondary Examination Certificate.
(iii) Bank Draft for Fee.
(iv) Certificate regarding Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe if applicable.
Notes. - (1) All the original certificates and marks-sheet alongwith Photostate attested copies must be brought at the time of the interview.
(2) Any application received after the prescribed date or incomplete in any respect shall be rejected without giving any notice to the candidate.
(c) 1. The eligible candidates will be admitted in order of merit for the general as well as he reserved seats excepting the seats belonging to category (a) of clause 2 judged on the basis of marks secured at the Pre-Ayurveda Test, subject to passing the qualifying examination prior to the date of Test.
2. Candidates securing equal number of marks in the Pre-Ayurveda Test will be admitted in the following order of preference : -
(i) one who has secured more marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
(ii) Among candidates securing equal number of marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination, one who horned earlier.
(d) Interview by Admission Board.-Candidates eligible for admission shall be called for interview. The Admission Board will be consisting of the following :
1. The Director, National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur.
2. The Principal, Madan Mohan Malaviya Government Ayurvedic College, Udaipur.
3. The Principal Parshuram Puria Rajasthan Ayurvedic College, Sikar.
4. The Principal, Shri Bhanwar Lal Duggad Ayurved Vishwabharti, Sardarshahar.
5. Dy. Registrar (Exam. I) UOR, Jaipur.
6. The Administrator Officer (NIA) Jaipur (Member-Secretary).Candidates eligible for admission shall be called for interview by the Director NIA, Jaipur to appear before the Admission Board. The list of candidates called for interview will be put on the Notice Board of the National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur, three days before the date of interview. The candidates found unsuitable by the Admission Board will be rejected. Candidates called for interview must bring with them the following documents in original alongwith photostate copies, otherwise they will not be allowed to appear before the Admission Board and right of admission will be cancelled without any notice. The candidate who failed in the qualifying examination, even if he has been declared passed in the Pre-Ayurveda Test will not be eligible for admission in the 1st BAMS Course.
1. Original Marks-sheet of passing the qualifying examination.
2. Original marks-sheet or certificate of the High School/Higher Secondary.
3. Certificate of eligibility for admission.
4. Certificate from the Principal of College/Head of Institution last attended.
5. Parent/Guardian’s Certificate.
6. Parent/Guardian’s Income Certificate.
7. Certificate regarding Migration, if applicable.
(e) Allotment of Place of Study. - The Admission Board, after duly considering the place of residence, merit of candidate and preference given by he candidates in his/her application, shall allot to the selected candidates, the various Ayurvedic Colleges at its discretion.
(f) Medical Examination. - A provisional list of candidates selected by the Admission Board will be put on Notice Board of the National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur. No intimation will be given to the candidates individually. All candidates provisionally selected will be examined by the Medical Board, appointed by the Principal of the respective Ayurvedic Colleges on the basis of criteria evolved for Medical Examination by the Principal regarding their general and physical fitness for Ayurveda studies. The candidates found unsuitable will be rejected. The decision of the Board in this respect will be final.5. The Government reserves the right to admission of any candidate without assigning any reason. 6. Admission of the candidates, who have passed qualifying examination from a University/Board of the State other than Rajasthan will be provisional till the eligibility certificate is issued. 7. If for reasons, to be recorded in writing, the Admission Board suspects that a particular candidate has obtained a certificate by misrepresenting facts, the matter will be referred to the concerned DM. On receipt of the enquiry report, the Admission Board would take the final decision regarding the admission of the candidate.
Note. - Any person other than the parents of the candidate can become guardian, only if the parents of the candidate are not alive or have been declared insane.
Important Note. - Court cases, if any, must be filed within one month from the date of declaration of the result. No Court case will be entertained thereafter. The jurisdiction of Court cases will be Jaipur only.