The Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Secretariat Staff (Revised Pay Scales) Rules, 1983
Published vide Notification No. F. 12(3) Sansad 83, dated June 23, 1983, Published in Rajpatra part 4(ga), dated 28.7.1983, page 435
(a) persons not in whole-time employment:
(b) persons paid out of contingencies:
(c) persons employed on contract except when the contract provides otherwise;
(d) Government servants who after their retirement whether on attaining the age of superannuation or otherwise are reemployed and who were in service on 1-9-1981;
(e) ex-military personnel re-employed after attaining the age of 55 years and who were in service on 1-9-1981;
(f) persons employed on work charged basis; and
(g) persons specifically excluded wholly or in part by the Governor from the operation of these rules.3. Relaxation of rules. - Where the Governor is satisfied that the operation of any of these rules causes undue hardship in any particular a case, he may, after consultation with the Speaker by order, relax the requirements of that rule to such extent and subject to such conditions as he may consider necessary for dealing with the case in a just and equitable manner. 4. Power of interpretation. - If any question arises to interpretation of these rules, it shall be decided by the Speaker in consultation with the Finance Department., 5. Definitions. - In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,-
(1) "Existing pay scale" means scale of pay applicable to a Government servant but for the coming into effect of these rules, in respect of a post held by him immediately before 1-9-1981, substantively or in officiating capacity while retaining lien on a permanent post, or in a temporary capacity.Explanation. - (i) In the case of a Government servant on deputation out of India or on leave or on foreign service or one who would have officiated in one or more lower post but for his officiating in a higher post. "Existing Pay Scale" includes the scale applicable to the post which he would have held but for his being on deputation out of India or on leave or on foreign service or but for offriciation in a higher post.
(ii) in case of a Government servant drawing pay on 31-8-1981 in a scale other than the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Secretariat Staff (Revised New Pay Scales) Rules, 1980, as amended from time to time, his fixation of pay in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Secretariat Staff (Revised Pay Scales) Rules, 1983 shall be made only after his pay has first been fixed in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (Revised Pay Scales) Rules, 1980 as amended from time to time, in respect of post held by him on 31-8-1981.
(2) "Existing Government Servant" means a Government servant who is in service on 1st September, 1981 and drawing pay in an existing pay scale.
(3) "Basic pay" means pay as defined in Rule 7(24)(i) of the Rajasthan Service Rules, including personal pay granted under Rule 12 of the Rajasthan Civil Service (Revised New Pay Scales) Rules, 1976, as made applicable under Rule 9 of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Secretariat Staff (Revised New Pay Scales) Rules, 1980, and/ or on account of stagnation at the maximum of the pay scale vide Finance Department Order No. 10(6) FD (Gr.2)/77, dated 22-7-16 77 as amended from time to time or any other personal pay but excluding personal pay granted under rule 26-A/B of Rajasthan Service Rules when a Government servant is in receipt of such personal pay on 1-9-1981 with existing pay scale.
(4) "Prefixation emoluments" means and includes-
(i) basic pay as on first day of September, 1981 in the existing pay scale;
(ii) dearness allowance on basis pay at the rates in force on 1-7-1980; and
(iii) 5% of basic pay subject to a minimum of Rs. 30/- and a maximum of Rs. 75/-.
(5) "Actual emoluments" means pay of a Government servant as defined in Rule 7(24) of Rajasthan Service Rules and includes dearness allowance admissible to him on 1-9-1981.
(6) "Revised emolument" means the basic pay of a Government servant in the Revised Pay Scales and includes special pay, personal pay, if any, and dearness allowance at the rates applicable with Revised Pay Scale as on 1-9-1981.
(7) "Revised pay scale" means the scale of pay specified in Section A of Schedule-I.
(8) "Schedule" means the Schedule annexed to these rules.
(9) "Finance Department" means the Finance Department of the Government of Rajasthan.
(10) "Speaker" means the Speaker, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly-6. Scale of pay of post. - As from the commencement of these rules, the pay scale of every post/service/cadre shall be as indicated in Column 4 of Section B of Schedule-I. 7. Drawal of pay in revised pay scales. - (i) A Government servant shall draw pay in the revised pay scale applicable to the post which he is holding on 1-9-1981 or to which he is appointed on or after 1-9-1981.
(ii) In respect of any service/cadre or class of posts for which no rules regulating recruitment and conditions of service have been framed under clause (3) of Article 187 of the Constitution or where a post/posts have not been included in the Schedule, if any, appended to Rules regulating recruitment and conditions of service, the academic qualifications and experience as prescribed by or with the concurrence of the Finance Department from time to time shall continue to be operative and shall be deemed to have been made applicable to such service/cadre or class of posts in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Secretariat Staff (Revised Pay Scales) Rules, 1983 with effect from 1-9-1981.8. Drawal of Special Pay. - Special pays which shall be drawn with revised pay scales under these rules as well as with existing pay scales, are given in Schedule II. 9. Application of the Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised pay scales) Rules, 1983. - In matters of opinion to elect the existing pay scale, exercise of option, fixation of initial pay in the Revised Pay Scales, date of Increment, removal of anomalies, fixation of pay in the revised pay scales subsequent to 1-9-1981 and adjustment of interim relief the provisions contained respectively in rules 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 and 16 of the Rajasthan Civil Service (Revised Pay Scales) Rules, 1983 read with Schedule III, fixation tables (and also fixation Tables 'A' and 'C' appended with these rules and explanatory memorandum and notifications as amended from tune to time shall mutatis mutandis, apply to the Secretariat Staff of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly as if the said provisios form part of these rules.