Rajasthan Government Grants Act, 1961
The Rajasthan Government Grants Act, 1961
Rajasthan Act No. 20 of 1961
[Received the assent of the President on the 8th day of July, 1961]
An Act to provide for the non-applicability of certain laws to grants or transfers from the Central Government or the State Government and to declare the validity of the provisions, restrictions and limitations contained in or imposed by such grants or transfers.
Be it enacted by the Rajasthan State Legislature in the Twelfth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Rajasthan Government Grants Act, 1961.
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of Rajasthan.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Transfer of Property Act, 1882 not to apply to Government grants. - Nothing in the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 (Central Act 4 of 1882) contained shall apply or be deemed ever to have applied to any grant or other transfer of land or of any interest therein herebefore made or hereafter to be made by or on behalf of the State Government or the Central Government to, or in favour of any person whomsoever, but every such grant and transfer shall be construed and take effect as if the said Act had not been passed.
3. Certain laws not to apply to grants from Central Government. - Nothing contained in the Rajasthan Tenancy Act, 1955 (Rajasthan Act 3 of 1955) or in the Rajasthan Land Revenue Act, 1956 (Rajasthan Act 15 of 1956) shall apply or be deemed ever to have applied to any grant or other transfer of land or of any interest therein herebefore made or hereafter to be made by, or on behalf of the Central Government to or in favour of any person whomsoever, but every such grant and transfer shall be construed and shall take effect as if neither of the said Acts had been passed.
4. Government grants to take effect according to their tenor. - All provisions, restrictions, conditions and limitations ever contained in any such grant or transfer as is referred to in section 2 or section 3 shall be valid and shall take effect according to their tenor, any provision contained in any of the Acts mentioned in those sections or any rule of law, statute or enactment or any decree or direction of a court of competent jurisdiction to the contrary notwithstanding.
5. Repeal. - The Government Grants Act, 1895, of the Central Legislature, in so far as it extends to or stands adapted to the whole or any part of the State of Rajasthan and all other corresponding laws in force in any part of the State are hereby repealed and serial number 35 of the Schedule to the Rajasthan Adaptation of Central Laws Ordinance, 1950 (Rajasthan Order 4 of 1950) is hereby omitted.