Telangana Dental Colleges (Admission into Post Graduate Dental Courses) Rules, 2018
Published vide Notification No. G.O. Ms. No.23, Health, Medical & Family Welfare (C1) Department, dated 27.3.2018 and Published in the Telangana Gazette, Extraordinary, dated 31.3.2018
G.O. Ms. No.23. - In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 read with sub-section (1) of Section 15 of the Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission and Prohibition of Capitation Fee) Act, 1983 (Act No. 5 of 1983), and in supersession of the earlier rules regarding admission into PG Dental Courses in the Competent Authority quota, the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following rules for preparation of seat matrix and the selection procedure for admission into Post Graduate Dental Courses in the Competent Authority Quota :-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Telangana Dental Colleges, (Admission into Post Graduate Dental Courses in Competent Authority Quota) Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. Number of Seats. - The number of seats in Post Graduate Dental Courses, in the various disciplines in each Dental College shall be notified before Counseling (after excluding 50% of Post Graduate Dental seats contributed to All India quota).
3. Reservations. - (a) 15%, 6%, 29% of the total number of seats notified in each group of Dental Post Graduate Courses separately shall be reserved for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes respectively.
(b) 33 1/3% and 3% seats of PG Dental Courses shall be reserved for women and for differently - abled candidates respectively which are also horizontal reservations.
(c) Local Area Reservations :
Reservation in favor of Local Candidates. - As a consequence of contributing 50% of Post Graduate seats in Government Dental Colleges to All India Quota "admission to remaining 50% of seats under competent authority quota shall be reserved in favor of Local candidates as provided in the Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974, as amended from time to time.
4. Preparation of the Seat Matrix. - The Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal shall prepare the seat matrix for the Competent Authority seats as per the guidelines given in G.O. Ms. No.27, HM&EW (C1) Department dated 10.4.2017.