Telangana Contingency Fund Act, 2014
(Act No. 2 of 2014)
Received the assent of the Governor on the 3rd December, 2014.
An Act To Provide For The Establishment of A Contingency Fund For The State of Telangana.
Whereas the State of Telangana is formed with effect from the 2nd June, 2014, under the provisions of section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act 6 of 2014);
And whereas clause (2) of Article 267 of the Constitution of India provides that the Legislature of a State may, by law, establish a Contingency Fund in the nature of an imprest to be entitled "the Contingency Fund of the State";
And whereas it is expedient to establish such a Contingency Fund for the newly formed State of Telangana;
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Telangana in the Sixty-fifth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Telangana Contingency Fund Act, 2014.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Establishment of a Contingency Fund. - (1) There shall be established for the State of Telangana a Contingency Fund in the nature of an imprest entitled "the Contingency Fund of the State of Telangana", and consisting of a sum of fifty crores of rupees withdrawn from the Consolidated Fund of the State.
(2) Such Contingency Fund shall be at the disposal of the Governor of State of Telangana and he shall have authority to make advances therefrom for the purpose of meeting any unforeseen expenditure, pending authorization of such expenditure by the State Legislature by law under Article 205 or Article 206 of the Constitution of India.
(3) As often as any such expenditure is authorized by law as aforesaid, the State Government shall recoup to the Contingency Fund an amount equal to the advance taken from such Fund to meet the expenditure.
3. Power to make rules. - (1) The State Government may, by notification, in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out all or any of the purposes of this Act.
(2) Every rule made under this Act shall, immediately after it is made, be laid before each House of the State Legislature, if it is in session and if it is not in session, in the session immediately following for a total period of fourteen days which may be comprised in one session or in two successive sessions and if, before the expiration of the session in which it is so laid or the session immediately following, the Legislature of the State agrees in making any modification in the rule or in the annulment of the rule, the rule shall, from the date on which the modification or annulment is notified, have effect only in such modified form or shall stand annulled as the case may be, so however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
4. Repeal. - The Andhra Pradesh Contingency Fund Act, 1957 is hereby repealed.