Telangana Eunuchs Act, 1329 F
(Act No. 16 of 1329 F.)
Last Updated 14th January, 2020 [tel160]
The Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Eunuchs Act, 1329 F. in force in the combined State, as on 02.06.2014, has been adapted to the State of Telangana, under section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act 6 of 2014) vide. the Telangana Adaptation of Laws (No.2) Order, 2016, issued in G.O.Ms.No.46, Law (F) Department, dated 01.06.2016.
1. Short title, commencement and extent. - This Act may be called [Telangana Eunuchs Act, 1329 F.] and it shall come into force in [the State of Telangana] from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
(2) The Government shall have the power to extend this Act, by notification in the Official Gazette to any other place.
1A. Definition. - Unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context, the word 'eunuch' shall, for the purpose of this Act, include all persons of the male sex who admit to be impotent or who clearly appear to be impotent on medical inspection.
2. Register of eunuchs. - The Government shall cause a register to be kept of the names and place of residence of all eunuchs residing in the City of Hyderabad or at any other place to which the Government may specially extend this Act and who are reasonably suspected of kidnapping or emasculating boys, or of committing unnatural offences or abetting the commission of the said offences; and it shall direct such register to be maintained by the officer appointed for this purpose, from time to time, and the Government shall, from time to time, make rules regarding the responsibility of preparing and maintaining it.
3. Complaint of entry in register. - Any person aggrieved by any entry made or proposed to be made in the aforesaid register, may either at a time when the register is first made or subsequently lodge a complaint with the aforesaid officer, who shall either enter, remove or retain the name of such person in the register, as he thinks fit.
Every order for removal of the name of such person shall contain the grounds of the removal thereof.
The District Magistrate shall have power to review the order passed by such officer on such complaint either on appeal by the petitioner or otherwise.
4. Registered eunuch found in female clothes. - Every registered eunuch found in female dress or ornamented in a street or a public place or in any other place with the intention of being seen from a street or public place or who dances or plays music or takes part in any public entertainment in a street or public place may be arrested without warrant and shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.
5. Penalty when boy under sixteen is found with registered eunuch. - Any registered eunuch who has with him or in his house or under his control a boy of less than sixteen years of age shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.
6. Education and training of children whose parents are not discovered. - The District Magistrate may direct that any such boy be delivered to his parents or guardian, if they can be discovered, and they are not eunuchs; if they cannot be discovered or they are eunuchs, the Magistrate may make such arrangement as he thinks necessary for the maintenance, education and training of such boy and may direct that the whole or any part of a fine inflicted under section 5 may be applied for such arrangement. The Government may direct that out of any Local or Municipal Fund or other amount the costs of such arrangement as is not met by the fine shall be defrayed.
7. Penalty for emasculation or abetting thereof. - Any person who emasculates himself or any other person with or without his consent or abets in emasculation shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years and shall also be liable to fine.