Telangana Agricultural Improvement Fund Act, 1952
(Act No. 45 of 1952)
Last Updated 7th January, 2020 [tel192]
The Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Agricultural Improvement Fund Act, 1952, applicable to the Telangana Area of the State and in force in the combined State, as on 02.06.2014, has been adapted to the State of Telangana, under section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act 6 of 2014) vide. the Telangana Adaptation of Laws (No.2) Order, 2016, issued in G.O.Ms.No.46, Law (F) Department, dated 01.06.2016.
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called [the Telangana Agricultural Improvement Fund Act, 1952].
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Establishment of the Agricultural Improvement Fund of the State of [Telangana]. - There shall be established a Fund in the nature of an imprest entitled the Agricultural Improvement Fund of [the State of Telangana] into which shall be paid, from and out of the Consolidated Fund of the State such moneys as may be collected from time to time, by way of licence fees under clause 8 of the Foodgrains (Licensing and Procurement) Order, 1952.
3. Custody of the Agricultural Improvement Fund and withdrawals there from. - (1) The Agricultural Improvement Fund of the State of [Telangana] shall be held on behalf of the Governor [XXX] by the Secretary to the Government of [Telangana] in the Department of Finance.
(2) No advances shall be made out of such Fund except for the purpose of meeting such expenditure as may be prescribed by rules made under this Act and without the authorisation of the Minister in charge of Agriculture who shall be assisted by a Committee consisting of the Secretary in charge of Agriculture, the Secretary in charge of the Finance Department, the Director of Agriculture and three members of [the Telangana] Legislature nominated by the Government.
4. Power to make rules. - For the purpose of carrying out the objects of this Act, the State Government may make rules regulating all matters connected with or ancillary to the custody of the payment of moneys into and the withdrawals of moneys from the Agricultural Improvement Fund of the [State of Telangana].