Code of Civil Procedure (Telangana) Second Amendment Act, 1953
(Act No. 11 of 1953)
Last Updated 11th January, 2020 [tel223]
The Code of Civil Procedure (Andhra Pradesh) (Telangana Area) Second Amendment Act, 1953 (Act No.XVIII of 1953) applicable to the Telangana area of the State of Andhra Pradesh and in force in the combined State as on 02.06.2014. has been adapted to the State of Telangana, under section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act 6 of 2014) vide. the Telagnana Adaptation of Laws (No.2) Order, 2016, issued in G.O.Ms.No.46, Law (F) Department, dated 01.06.2016.
1. Short title, extent and commencement. - 1) This Act may be called [the Code of Civil Procedure (Telangana) (Second Amendment) Act, 1953].
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of [Telangana].
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of section 60, Central Act 5 of 1908. - In the proviso to sub-section (1) of section 60 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 -
(1) after clause (g) the following clause shall be inserted, namely:-
(gg) pension granted or continued by the Central Government, [the Government of the Pre-Reorganisation Hyderabad State] or any other State Government on account of past services or present infirmities or as a compassionate allowance; and
(2) in Explanation 2-A, for the word, brackets and letters "clause (kk)", the words, brackets and letters "clause (gg) or clause (kk)" shall be substituted.