Telangana Educational Service Untrained Teachers (Regulation of Services and Fixation of Pay) Act, 1991
(Act No. 14 of 1991)
Last Updated 30th December, 2019 [tel285]
The Andhra Pradesh Educational Service Untrained Teachers (Regulation of Services and Fixation of Pay) Act, 1991 received the assent of the Governor on the 22nd April, 1991. The said Act in force in the combined State, as on 02.06.2014, has been adapted to the State of Telangana, under section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act 6 of 2014) vide. the Telangana Adaptation of Laws Order, 2016, issued in G.O.Ms.No.45, Law (F) Department, dated 01.06.2016.
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the 2Telangana Educational Service Untrained Teachers (Regulation of Services and Fixation of Pay) Act, 1991.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from the 10th February, 1967.
2. Regulations of pay of the untrained graduate teachers. - Notwithstanding anything contained in any rule or order of the Government or any judgement of any Court, Tribunal or other authority, the untrained graduate teachers in the subjects of Science and Mathematics appointed in pursuance of G.O.Ms No.257, Education Department, dated the 10th February, 1967 and the untrained graduate teachers in the subjects of Humanities appointed in pursuance of orders of Tribunal in Transferred Writ Petition No. 1361/76, dated the 15th September, 1977 who actually handled eighth, ninth and tenth classes in the Secondary Schools of Government, Zilla Parishads or as the case may be, aided managements in the State of [Telangana] shall be entitled, to the minimum of Rs.130/- in the time scale of Rs.130-250 admissible to trained graduate teachers if they are appointed to posts carrying that scale with effect from the 10th February, 1967 to 31st December, 1973 and thereafter, their pay shall be regulated as per their eligibility as untrained graduate teachers in accordance with the rules and orders in force.
3. Abatement of claims. - Notwithstanding any Government order, judgement, decree or order of any Court, Tribunal or other authority, the supernumerary posts created in the B.Ed., scale of Rs.130- 250 in accordance with the orders issued by the Government in Memo. No. 1630/H-1/81-3, dated the 12th January, 1982 and also on the 20th February, 1984 in place of the Secondary Grade Posts of teachers in the time scale of Rs.80-150 shall and shall be deemed always to have been Secondary Grade Posts in the time scale of Rs.80-150 with subsequent increases due to revision of pay scales from time to time and accordingly,-
Amended by G.O.Ms.No.45, Law (F) Department, dated 01.06.2016
(a) the excess amount already sanctioned and paid to the incumbents by creating supernumerary posts as aforesaid shall be recovered in such manner and in such number of instalments as the Director of School Education may, by order, direct;
(b) the teachers working in such supernumerary posts shall not be entitled for counting their service in the B.Ed., scale for the automatic advancement scheme formulated in G.O.Ms.No.164, Finance, dated the 1st June, 1982;
(c) any benefit given to the teachers referred to in clause (b) in accordance with the said Government Order shall stand cancelled from the date of extending such benefit and any amount drawn in pursuance of such benefit shall be recoverable in the manner specified in clause (a);
(d) no suit or other proceedings shall be maintained or continued in any Court, Tribunal or other authority against the Government or any person or other authority whatsoever for creation of supernumerary posts for the teachers referred to in clause (b) and also such pending proceedings shall abate forthwith; and
(e) no court shall enforce any decree or order directing the pay fixation on par with the posts of teachers created for the subjects of Mathematics and Science in accordance with G.O.Ms.No.257, Education Department, dated the 10th February, 1967.
4. Repeal of Ordinance 4 of 1991. - The Andhra Pradesh Educational Service Untrained Teachers (Regulation of Services and Fixation of Pay) Ordinance, 1991 is hereby repealed.