Telangana Private Educational Institutions Maintenance Grant (Regulation) Act, 1995
(Act No. 11 of 1995)
Last Updated 1st January, 2020 [tel300]
The Andhra Pradesh Private Educational Institutions Maintenance Grant (Regulation) Act, 1995 received the assent of the Governor on the 10th February, 1995. The said Act in force in the combined State, as on 02.06.2014, has been adapted to the State of Telangana, under section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act 6 of 2014) vide. the Telangana Adaptation of Laws Order, 2016, issued in G.O.Ms.No.45, Law (F) Department, dated 01.06.2016.
1. Short title, application and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the [Telangana] Private Educational Institutions Maintenance Grant (Regulation) Act, 1995.
(2) It shall apply to all private educational institutions in the State.
(3) It shall deemed to have come into force with effect on and from the 1st April, 1978.
2. Definitions. - The words and expressions used in this Act shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them in the [Telangana Education Act, 1982 (Act 1 of 1982)].
3. Power to fix quantum of maintenance grant. - (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any judgement decree or order of any Court, Tribunal or other authority or the Grants-in-aid Code or any rules or instructions issued by the Government from time to time, it shall be competent for the Government to specify by order such percentage of the teaching grant as maintenance grant payable to private educational institutions receiving grant-in- aid from the Government [xxx]:
[Provided that no arrear claim for Maintenance Grant shall be allowed beyond a period of three years from the date on which it has become due and all such arrear claims shall lapse.]
(2) Where any maintenance grant in excess of the amount payable in accordance with the orders issued by the Government under sub-section (1), has been paid to any private educational institution the excess amount so paid shall be adjusted in future grants payable to the concerned educational institution in such manner as may be determined by order issued by the Government in this behalf.
4. Validation. - Notwithstanding anything contained in any judgement, decree or order of any Court, Tribunal or other authority no private educational institution receiving aid from the Government shall be entitled to claim or receive any amount in excess of the amount fixed by the Government under sub¬section (1) of section 3 towards the maintenance grant and accordingly,-
Amended by Act No.34 of 2007
Amended by G.O.Ms.No.15, Higher Education (TE) Department, dated 23.04.2015
Amended by G.O.Ms.No.45, Law (F) Department, dated 01.06.2016
(a) no suit or other proceeding shall be instituted, maintained or continued in any court against the Government or any person or authority whatsoever for the payment of maintenance grant otherwise than in accordance with section 3; and
(b) no court shall enforce any judgement, decree or order directing the payment of any maintenance grant except to the extent provided by the Act.
5. Repeal of Ordinance 11 of 1994. - The Andhra Pradesh Private Educational Institutions Maintenance Grant (Regulation) Second Ordinance, 1994 is hereby repealed.