The Tamil Nadu Village Servants Conduct Rules, 1983
Published vide Notification No. G.O. Ms. No. 1131, Revenue, dated 24th June 1983
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and all other powers hereunto enabling, and in supersession of the Tamil Nadu Village Officers Conduct Rules, 1970, the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby makes the following rules:-
1. Short title and application. - (1) These rules maybe called the Tamil Nadu Village Servants' Conduct Rules, 1983.
(2) They shall apply to all Village Servants in the State of Tamil Nadu.
2. Tamil Nadu Government Servants' Conduct Rules to apply. - The Tamil Nadu Government Servants' Conduct Rules, 1960, as amended, from time to time, shall apply to the Village Servants subject to the modification specified in rule 3.
3. Private trade or employment. - The Village Servants being part-time Government servants, may take up part-time work or occupation:
Provided that -
(1) such part-time work or occupation shall not interfere with their legitimate duties as village servants; and
(2) the previous permission, in writing, has been applied for and obtained from the Revenue Divisional Officer concerned if the work or occupation is confined to the charge village and from the District Collector concerned, if the work or occupation extends beyond the charge village.