The Chennai City Municipal Corporation Appointments Committee (Method of Selection) Rules, 1998
Published vide Notification Part 3-Section 1(a) of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, Extraordinary, dated 5th May 2000. (Issue No. 295)
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the Chennai City Municipal Corporation Appointments Committee (Method of Selection) Rules, 1998.
(2) These rules shall apply to the Chennai City Municipal Corporation.
(3) They shall come in to force at once.
2. Placing of list of names for selection of candidates before the appointments committee. - For filling up of any vacancy or for any new post by direct recruitment, the commissioner shall call for a list of names from the Employment Exchange concerned and shall place that list before the appointments committee.
3. Method of selection of candidates by the appointments committee. - The appointment committee in its meeting shall select the required number of persons from the list of names placed before the committee by the commissioner in accordance with the relevant Service Rules, in force, and also in accordance with any order, clarifications or guidelines issued by the Government under rule 6.
4. Selection of candidates by the appointments committee by adopting rule of reservation. - While selecting name from the list for appointment to any post, the appointment committee shall follow the rule of reservation prescribed in the Service Rules in force in respect of that post.
5. Time limit for convening meetings for selection of candidates. - The appointments committee may, convene its meeting, at any time, as and when required in accordance with the rules in force for convening of such meetings.
6. Issue of orders, clarifications or guidelines by the Government. - The Government may, from time to time, issue any order, clarification or any guideline for selection of candidates by the appointments committee. In such cases, the appointments committee shall follow such orders, clarifications or guidelines issued by the Government.