Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission - Powers and Duties of Secretary Regulations, 2004
Published vide Notification No. TNERC/PDS/10/1 dated 06.05.2004 No.6(2)/3519/2004
Administration3. Powers of Secretary. - He shall issue orders of appointment for all categories subject to the selection procedures under TNERC Service Regulations.
(1) He shall declare commencement and completion of probation of staff and officers who are required to be placed under a period of probation as per the TNERC Service Regulations.
(2) He is empowered to sanction increment to the staff and officers of the Commission.
(3) He is empowered to sanction all kinds of leave to the officers and staff of the Commission.
(1) He shall pass all the entitlement claims and other bills for supply and works without any monetary limit and draw cheques for the claim / bills admitted / passed and also for office maintenance expenses.
(2) He is empowered to call for and process tenders for procurement of material and execution of work in accordance with the Tamil Nadu Transparency in Tenders Act 1998 and Tamil Nadu Transparency in Tender Rules 2000 and in accordance with TNERC Tender Procedure approved by the Commission as well as in TNERC -Appointment of Consultant Regulations 2004.
Administration4. Duties of Secretary. - (1) The Secretary shall be the Principal Officer and spokesperson of the Commission. (2) He shall be responsible for General Administration, attendance and upkeep of office of the Commission. (3) All the correspondences to the Commission and from the Commission shall be in the name of the Secretary. (4) He shall be the Drawing and Disbursing Officer of the Commission. (5) He shall have the custody of seals and records. (6) He shall allocate the work among the different officers and staff of the Commission.
Accounts and Finance
(1) He shall cause preparation of Budget in each financial year showing the estimated receipts and expenditure of the Commission for the next financial year and forward the same to Government of Tamil Nadu as required in Section 106 of the Act.
(2) He shall ensure that the expenditure is covered under Budget provision.
(3) He shall ensure the maintaining of proper accounts and other relevant records and preparation of Annual Statement of Accounts in the prescribed format for each financial year. The Annual Statement of Accounts shall be got audited by the Accountant General. The Certified Annual Statement of Accounts shall be forwarded to the Government of Tamil Nadu to be laid before the State Legislature.
(4) He shall ensure preparation of Annual Reports every year in the prescribed format. The Annual Report shall be forwarded to the Government of Tamil Nadu to be laid before the State Legislature.
(5) As drawing officer, he is responsible for proper maintenance of Bank Account and drawal of cheque. He shall verify and certify closing balance of cash on hand and at bank every month.
(6) He shall make all payments by drawing cheques.
(7) To ensure compliance of above duties, he shall allocate the works suitably among the subordinate officers and staff for their accountability.
Conduct of Business
(1) He shall receive and cause to receive all petitions, applications or references on behalf of the Commission and arrange for their acknowledgement.
(2) He shall assist the Commission in the conduct of the proceedings and cause to prepare brief and summarize all pleadings before the Commission.
(3) He shall cause issuance of notices of enquiry by the Commission.
(4) He shall arrange convening of Commission's meetings and place the matter before the Commission for consideration and orders.
(5) He shall prepare minutes of meetings of the Commission and record the decision of the Commission in the Minutes Book maintained for the purpose.
(6) He shall authenticate all orders and decisions of the Commission.
(7) He shall issue certified copies of the orders passed by the Commission.
(8) He shall ensure enforcement and compliance of orders passed by the Commission by the persons concerned in accordance with the provision of the Act and Regulations and if necessary may seek orders of the Commission for direction.
(9) He shall be ex-officio Secretary to the State Advisory Committee and convene Committee meetings after giving 14 days notice to the members.
(10) He shall place the notes if any received from the members before the Advisory Committee. He shall arrange to record the minutes of the Committee meeting.5. General. - He may, with the approval of the Chairman, delegate any of the duties to any of the Officers of the Commission. 6. Powers to amend. - The Commission may at any time, add, modify, delete or amend any provision of these Regulations.