Tamil Nadu Village Panchayats Cleaning of Private Soak Pit and Cess Pools) Rules, 1999
Published vide Notification No. G.O. Ms. No. 36, Rural Development (C4), dated the 22nd February 1999 - No. SRO A-12(b-2)/99
Delegation of Powers To The District Collectors For Dividing The District Panchayat Area Into and For [Reservation of Seats]
[G. O. Ms. No. 156, Rural Development (C-1), dated the 9th August 1995]No. II (2)/RUL/2834(a)/95. - In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 218 of the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994), the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby authorises the District Collector -
(a) to exercise the powers of the Government under clauses (a) and (b) of section 28 of the said Act, relating to the division of the area within the jurisdiction of every District Panchayat, for the purpose of election to such District Panchayat, into as many single member territorial wards as the number of members required to be elected under section 26 of the said Act, and to determine the extent of each territorial ward which shall be a Panchayat Village or Panchayat Union or part of a Panchayat Village or Panchayat Union; and
(b) to exercise the powers of the Government under sub-section (5) of section 32 of the said Act, relating to the reservation of seats for election of members of a Village Panchayat under section 11 of the said Act.
Entrustment of Functions To Grama Sabha Under [Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994]
[G.O. Ms. No. 152, Rural Development (C-1), Dated The 20th July 1998]No. II (2)/RUL/1496(h)98. - In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (3) of section 3 of the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994), the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby entrusts the following other functions to the Grama Sabha: -
(1) Approval of the beneficiaries selected and location of institutions and community facilities identified by the village panchayat;
(2) Review of the completed works executed in the previous year by village panchayat and scrutiny of the list of works undertaken in the year by the village panchayat or by any Government Department and agency;
(3) Promotion of communal and social harmony among the various groups of people in the village panchayat;
(4) Mobilisation of voluntary labour, contribution in cash and kind for community welfare and development programmes; and
(5) Examining annual statement of accounts and audit report of the village panchayat.
|You will Never Need a Law Reporter or Back Volumes|