Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Time Limit For Communication of Orders on Application For Licences and Permission) Rules, 1999
Published vide Notification No. G.O. Ms. No. 138, Rural Development (C-4), dated the 21st July 1999 - No. SRO A-54(b-1)/99
Published in Tamil Nadu Government Gazette Extraordinary, Part III - Section 1(a), dated 23rd July 1999.
G.O. Ms. No. 138. - In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of section 220 and section 242 of the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994) and in supersession of the rules relating to the Time Limit for communication of orders on Application for Licences and Permissions, the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby makes the following rules: -
1. Short title. - These rules may be called the Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Time limit for communication of orders on application for Licences and Permissions) Rules, 1999.
2. Definition. - In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, "Act" means the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994).
3. Time limit. - (1) In case where a panchayat does not need to consult any outside authority before passing orders on an application for any licence or permission or renewal thereof made under the Act or any rule or bye-law or regulation made thereunder, orders in respect of such application shall be communicated within 30 days from the date of receipt of applications by the executive authority or commissioner or secretary, as the case may be.
(2) In cases where any outside authority, such as the Deputy Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine or the Inspector of Factories or officer of Town and Country Planning or any other officer has to be consulted before passing orders on an application for any licence or permission or renewal thereof, made under the Act, or any rule, bye-law or regulation made thereunder, orders in respect of such application shall be communicated to the applicant within sixty days after the receipt of the application by the executive authority of the village panchayat or commissioner of the panchayat union council or secretary of the district panchayat, as the case may be.
(3) In cases where the executive authority or commissioner or secretary, as the case may be, has sought clarification or details on such application coming under sub-rule (1) and (2) of rule 3 above, the time limit of thirty days or sixty days, as the case may be, shall apply from the date of receipt of clarification or details from the applicant concerned.