Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Appointment of Common Officer or Servant For Two or More Village Panchayats) Rules, 1999
Published vide Notification No. G. O. Ms. No. 139, Rural Development (C4), dated the 21st July 1999 - No. SRO A-54 (b-2)/99
Published in Part III - Section 1(a), of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette Extraordinary, dated the 23rd July 1999.
G. O. Ms. No. 139. - In exercise of the powers conferred by section 103 and sub-section (1) of section 242 of the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 23 of 1994) and in supersession of the rules relating to Appointment of Common Officer or Servant for Two or More Panchayats, the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby makes the following rules: -
1. Short title. - These rules may be called the Tamil Nadu Village Panchayats (Appointment of Common Officer or Servant for Two or More Village Panchayats) Rules, 1999.
2. Definition. - In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, "Act" means the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994).
3. Power of the Inspector to appoint common officer or servant for two or more village panchayats. - The Inspector may, when necessary, require two or more village panchayats to appoint the same officer or servant to exercise or discharge any powers or duties of a similar nature for both or all of them:
Provided that the Inspector shall consult the officer not below the rank of a Deputy Director of Public Health in respect of appointment in the public health establishment.
4. Salary and allowances payable to the officer or servant. - The village panchayat concerned shall meet the salary and allowances payable to such officer or servant together with contributions payable towards his leave salary or provident fund in such proportion and in such manner as may be laid down by the Inspector with reference to the income of the village panchayats, the out turn of work of such officer or servant or any other data which the Inspector may consider suitable for the purpose.
5. Power to punish the officer or servant. - The Inspector shall specify the executive authority of one of the village panchayats concerned for the purpose of exercising the powers referred to in section 106 of the Act.
6. Power of the Inspector. - If any of the village panchayats concerned is not satisfied with the exercise of the powers referred to in rule 5 by the executive authority specified under the rule, the panchayat first mentioned may refer the matter to the Inspector whose decision on such reference shall be final.