Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Exclusion of any Local Area from or Inclusion of Any Local Area in a Village) Rules, 1999
Published vide Notification No. G.O. Ms. No. 147, Rural Development (C4), dated the 21st July 1999 - No. SRO A-54 (b-10)/99
Published in Part III - Section 1(a), of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette Extraordinary, dated the 23rd July 1999.
G.O. Ms. No. 147. - In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (i) of sub-section (2) of section 242 of the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994) and in supersession of the rules relating to exclusion of any Local Area from or Inclusion of any Local Area in a village, the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby makes the following rules: -
1. Short title. - These rules maybe called the Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Exclusion of any Local area from or Inclusion of any Local area in a Village) Rules, 1999.
2. Definition. - In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, "Act" means the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994).
3. Principles to be followed for exclusion from or inclusion of any local area in the village panchayat. - (1) No area shall be included in any village except where such area has been excluded from another village and the inclusion of such area in the former village has become necessary or expedient.
(2) No area shall be excluded from any village except for constituting a separate village panchayat or village panchayats for such area or for including such area in another village for which already there is a village panchayat or a village panchayats is proposed to be constituted.
(3) No area shall be excluded from or included in a village, unless, in the opinion of the Inspector, the income of the village panchayats concerned after such exclusion or inclusion will be adequate for running the administration of the village in an efficient manner.
(4) No area shall be excluded from a village if, in the opinion of the Inspector, the income of the village panchayat will be substantially reduced by reason for such exclusion.
(5) No area shall be excluded from a village and included in another village, unless both the village panchayals concerned have been consulted in regard to such exclusion and inclusion.
(6) Except for special reasons, if a village panchayat has jurisdiction over only a single revenue village, no area shall be excluded from such revenue village.
(7) Where a village panchayat exercises jurisdiction over two or more revenue villages, the exclusion of any area from the jurisdiction of such village panchayat shall be effected in such a way that a separate village panchayat may be constituted for each revenue village or for two or more revenue villages.
(8) Where a village panchayat exercises jurisdiction over one revenue village and a portion or portions of any other revenue village or villages and if the said portions are not contiguous to the revenue village aforesaid, such portion or portions may be excluded from the jurisdiction of the village panchayat and included within the jurisdiction of a village panchayat having jurisdiction over the contiguous area.