Chennai City Police Gaming Rules, 1949
Published vide Notification No. G.O. MS.No. 4279, Home, dated 19.11.1948
(1) The prospectus. - The names of the stewards of the race club, number of meetings, scale of entry fees, summary of races, summary of prizes, stable rules, racing fixtures, distance for each race and general conditions of the races.
(2) The entries. - The names and other particulars of the horses, their owners and trainers.
(3) The handicaps. - The names of the horses running in the races for the particular day, their weights and distance of each race.
(4) The acceptances and scratchings. - Details about the races, the horses left in and finally accepted to run in the races, with the time and order of racing.
(5) The official race book or race book issued by or under the authority of the race club. - The names of stewards and officials of the meeting, rates of daily and season tickets for all enclosures, rules of admission, rules and conditions of betting particulars of the working of the electric totalizator for single, double or treble events, either for win or place, notices about the races, names of horses, number time and distance of each race, double or treble events, the names of the plate or cup, the time, the prize amount, the class of race, distance, names of horses, their owners, trainers, jockeys with their colours and other particulars in respect of each race, the results of the previous meeting for the season with an index of results, statistics of winnings by trainers and jockeys.3. In regard to horse races within the State of Tamil Nadu, any newspaper may contain the following information:- A factual discussion of the prospects of each racing season as a whole before its commencement without reference to betting on any event. The number of meetings, scale and rates of entry fees, summary of races, summary of stakes money, racing fixtures, names of horses as contained in the Entries, Handicaps. Acceptances and Scratchings, spurts, track and gallop notes of horses together with their timings, history of horses, number, time and distance of each race, names of owners, and trainers of such horses, names of jockeys, with their colours for each event or double or treble event, name of the plate or cup for which the horses are entered, handicapped and finally accepted, the number of the double or treble events, a description of the facts relating to pedigree, form, handicap and track performance of the candidates in each race before the event, and after the event, reports, photographs and results of the races and dividends on totalizators, excluding references to betting.