Baby Food (Control of Prices) Order, 1966
Published vide Notification No. F. 2(13)-FSD/64, dated 19-7-1966
Last Updated 18th February, 2020 [tri061]
In exercise of the powers conferred by Clause (c) of sub-section (2) of Section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955) read with the Notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (Department of Food) published under G.S.R. 906, dated the 9th June, 1966 in the Gazette of India Part II Section 3 Sub-section (1) dated 9th June, 1966) and with the prior concurrence of the Government of India, the Administrator of Tripura is pleased to make the following Order :
1. Short title and extent. - (1) This Order may be called the Baby Food (Control of Prices) Order, 1966.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of the Union Territory of Tripura.
2. Definition. - In this Order "Baby Food" means any of the articles of food mentioned in the Schedule annexed hereto.
3. Sale price of baby food. - (1) After the commencement of this Order, no dealer in Baby Food shall sell any baby food in the Union Territory of Tripura at a price exceeding such maximum-
(i) wholesale price, in the case of sale by a wholesaler; or
(ii) retail price in the case of sale by by a retailer,
as is fixed for that baby food by the manufacturer concerned.
(2) Such dealer shall issue a cash memo at the time of effecting every such sale.
[See Clause 2]