The Uttarakhand (Suspension of Sentences of Prisoners) Rules, 2017
Published vide Notification No. 1209/20-412017-1(6)/2013, dated 4.12.2017. published in the Uttarakhand Gazette, Part 1, dated 30.12.2017, pp. 880-887, No. 52
(1) "Governor" means the Governor of Uttarakhand.
(2) "Government" means the State Government of Uttarakhand.
(3) "State" means the State of Uttarakhand.
(4) "Document" means any documents attached with these rules.
(5) "Prisoner" means convicted prisoner, who have been sentenced by the courts of Uttarakhand.3. Power of suspend (sic suspended) sentences. - (1) The commissioner may suspend the sentences of a prisoner up to fifteen days on the following grounds —
(a) Illness of prisoner's mother, father, husband or wife, son, daughter, brother or sister, or
(b) Death of anyone of the relative mentioned in sub-clause (a), or
(c) Marriage of son, daughter, brother or sister, or
(d) With the restriction for sowing or harvesting of agriculture on its private land, there is no other alternate arrangement for it. For this, Khatoni or Bahi in connection with his priviate land:Provided that the suspension of the sentence on the basis will be done only in case where punishment is imposed for imprisonment up to 3 years (with fine or without fine), or
(e) In special emergency situations where the presence of prisoner is necessary, such as the collapse of a house of the prisoner or other natural disaster, which is to be confirmed by the District Magistrate, or
(f) For the treatment of incurable disease like Cancer, AIDS and the transplant of body limbs as liver, Kidney and Heart etc. of the prisoner: