Uttarakhand Cinemas (Regulation) (Amendment) Act, 2016
(Uttarakhand Act No. 24 of 2016)
An Act enacted by the Uttarakhand State Legislative Assembly in the Sixty seventh Year of the Republic of India as follows -
Further to amend the Uttar Pradesh Cinemas (Regulation) Act, 1955 (Act No. III of 1956) (as applicable to the State of Uttarakhand) to the context in the State of Uttarakhand.
1. Short title commencement and extent. - (1) This Act may be called the Uttarakhand Cinemas (Regulation) (Amendment) Act, 2016.
(2) It shall be extended to whole of the State of Uttarakhand.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Insertion of clause (a-2) of Section 2. - The Uttar Pradesh Cinemas (Regulation) Act, 1955 (Act No. III of 1956) hereinafter referred to as principal Act, following sentence shall be inserted in clause (a-2) of Section 2, namely -
(a-2) 'Multiplex' means a group of two or more than two cinemas halls or aggregate within a campus with the commercial, cultural and other entertainment facilities.".
3. Amendment of Section 13. - In sub-section (2)(AA) of Section 13 of the Principle Act, shall be substituted as follows, namely -
"13(2)(AA) for the impose of composition charges not exceeding five Iakh rupees, on payment whereof exemption under Section 10 may be granted from the provisions of the rules relating to the site or building to be used for exhibition by means of cinematograph;".