The Indian Electricity (West Bengal Amendment) Act, 1982
West Bengal Act 26 of 1982
[24th February, 1983.]
Assent of the President first published in the Calcutta Gazette, Extraordinary, dated the 24th February, 1983.
An Act to amend the Indian Electricity Act, 1910, in its application to West Bengal.
Whereas it is expedient to amend that Indian Electricity Act, 1910, in its application to West Bengal, for the purpose and in the manner hereinafter appearing ;
It is hereby enacted as follows ;-
1. Short Title. - This Act may be called the Indian Electricity (West Bengal Amendment) Act, 1982.
2. Application of the Act - The Indian Electricity Act, 1910 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), shall, in its application to West Bengal, be amended in the manner hereinafter provided.
3. Amendment of section 42 of Act 9 of 1910. - Section 42 of the principal Act shall be renumbered as sub-section (1) of that section and-
(1) In clause (e) of sub-section (1) as so renumbered, the words, figures and letter "section 22B or" shall be omitted :
(2) after sub-section, (1) as so renumbered, the following sub-section shall be inserted :-
"(2) Whoever makes default in complying with any order issued to him under section 22B shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to six months, and, in the case of any subsequent default after first conviction, with imprisonment which may extend to one year.".