The Bengal Embankment (Sundarbans) Act, 1915
Bengal Act 4 of 1915
[14th April, 1915.]
An Act to extend to the Sundarbans certain enactments relating to Embankments.
Whereas it is expedient to extend to the Sundarbans certain enactments relating to embankments;
And Whereas the sanction of the Governor General has been obtained, under section 5 of the Indian Councils Act, 1892, to the passing of this Act;
It is hereby enacted as follows :-
1. Short title. - This Act may be called the Bengal Embankment (Sundarbans) Act, 1915.
2. Extension of enactments to the Sundarbans. - The following enactments are hereby extended to the Sundarbans, as excluded under section 1 of the Bengal Embankment Act, 1882, namely :-
(1) the following portions of the Bengal Embankment Act, 1873, namely, section 12, section 13, the proviso to section 21, sections 26, 27, 28 and 29, and Schedules B, C and D, subject to the amendments made in the said sections 12, 21 and 26 by the second paragraph of section 2 of the Bengal Embankment Act, 1882; and
(2) The Bengal Embankment Act, 1882, except such portions thereof as have been repealed.
3. Repeal. - Repealed by Bengal Act 16 of 1946.