The Bengal Land-Revenue Sales (Amendment) Act, 1862
Bengal Act 3 of 1862
[23rd April, 1862.]
An Act to amend [the Bengal Land-revenue Sales Act, 1859].
Preamble. - Whereas it is expedient to extend the period allowed for the registry of [* * *] tenures [* * *] and to alter the scale of fees on certain applications for the opening of separate accounts for shares or entire estates, for deposit of money or Government securities, and for registry of under-tenures and farms ;
It is hereby enacted as follows :-
1. Repeal of sections 45 and 59 of the Bengal Land-revenue Sales Act, 1859 (11 of 1859). - Repealed by Act 12 of 1873.
2. Limitation. - [* * * * *]
Applications for the registry of tenures created after the passing of this Act must be made within three months of the date of the deed constituting the tenure.
3. Fees to be paid at rates mentioned in schedule. - The Collector on the part of the Government shall be entitled to demand from applicants under [* *] sections 15 and 16, sections 40, 43 and 44, of Act 11 of 1859, fees not exceeding the rates specified in the schedule to this Act annexed, which schedule shall be taken as part of this Act ; and applications under the said sections shall not be received unless the said fees are tendered therewith.
4. Act to be read as part of Act 11 of 1859. - This Act shall be taken and read as part of the said Act 11 of 1859.
Schedule of Fees
1. Filing an application under section 10 or section 11 of Act 11 of 1859 for opening a separate account for a share of an entire estate. - Repealed in Western Bengal, by Bengal Act 2 of 1906 and in Eastern Bengal, by E. B. and A. Act 1 of 1907.
2. For filing an application -
for a deposit of money of Government securities under section 15 of the said Act - half per cent, of the amount deposited;
for any interest on Government securities so deposited, drawn by the Collector - half per cent, of the amount drawn.
For filing an application for withdrawal of a deposit under section 16 of the said Act - half per cent, of the amount withdrawn.
3. For filing an application, under sections 40, 43, or 44 of the said Act, for the registration of an under-tenure or farm -
if the annual rent of the under-tenure or farm do not exceed 1,000 rupees - at the rate of five per cent, on the rent;
if the annual rent of the under-tenure or farm exceed 1,000 rupees - at the above rate up to 1,000 rupees, and at one per cent, on all above that amount.