The Limitation (West Bengal Amendment) Act, 1977
West Bengal Act 18 of 1977
[4th August, 1977]
Assent of the President was first published in the Calcutta Gazette, Extraordinary, dated the 4th August, 1977.
An Act to amend the Limitation Act, 1963, in its application to West Bengal.
Whereas it is expedient to amend the Limitation Act, 1963, in its application to West Bengal, for the purpose and in the manner hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows :-
1. Short title. - This Act may be called the Limitation (West Bengal Amendment) Act, 1977.
2. Application of the Act. - The Limitation Act, 1963 (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), shall, in its application to West Bengal, be amended in the manner hereinafter provided.
3. Amendment of the Schedule to Act 36 of 1963. - In the FIRST DIVISION of the Schedule to the said Act, under the heading 'PART IX. - SUITS RELATING TO MISCELLANEOUS MATTERS', in the entry in the first column against article 112, after the words "Jammu and Kashmir", the following words shall be, and shall be deemed always to have been, added, namely :-
"or a Government company owned wholly either by the Central Government. or by the State Government or jointly by the Central and the State Governments.".
4. Repeal and savings. - (1) The Limitation (West Bengal Amendment) Ordinance, 1977, is hereby repealed.
(2) Anything done or any action taken under the said Act as amended by the Limitation (West Bengal Amendment) Ordinance, 1977, shall be deemed to have been validly done or taken under the said Act as amended by this Act as if this Act were in force on the date on which such thing was done or such action was taken.