The Official Trustees (West Bengal Amendment) Act, 1989
West Bengal Act 38 of 1989
[14th June, 1990.]
Assent of the President of India was first published in the Calcutta Gazette, Extraordinary, of the 14th June, 1990.
An Act to amend the Official Trustees Act, 1913, in its application to West Bengal.
Whereas it is expedient to amend the Official Trustees Act, 1913, in its application to West Bengal, for the purpose and in the manner hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Official Trustees (West Bengal Amendment) Act, 1989.
(2) It extends to the whole of West Bengal.
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. Application of the Act. - The Official Trustees Act, 1913 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), shall, in its application to West Bengal for the purpose and in the manner hereinafter provided.
3. Amendment of section 27A of Act 2 of 1913. - In sub-section (2) of section 27A of the principal Act, for the words "to the District Judge or to the Chief Judge of the City Civil Court, as the case may be,", the words "to the High Court" shall be substituted.
4. Saving of pending legal proceedings. - Nothing in this Act shall affect any legal proceedings pending in any court on the date on which this Act comes into force and every such proceeding shall be continued as if, this Act had not been passed.